NOOOOB....help!!!

aleibas9

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I moved over from Crackberry, so yes I searched the threads but couldnt find an answer.

Is there a way to silence my email/message alerts but still have the ringer on. I like to have my ringer on at night but dont want to hear the phone beep everytime I get an email from Target or something dumb. :p

Rhody

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Settings and select Sound & display and then select Notification sound, it gives you an option to select the ringer. If you turn the volume down while in this screen, it only affects the Notification sound volume. Hope that helps.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Download AudiioManager from the market.
Put the widget on one of your homescreens. I personally have a whole homescreen dedicated to settings widgets, like 4g/hotspot/wifi/brightness/3g/etc.

Anyway, you can control these sounds:

Alarm
Music
Alerts (vibrate option)
Ringer (vibrate option)
System
Voice Call

Have fun. :)
It's very simple and easy to change too... right from your homescreen.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I personally use Timeriffic. You can set it up to automatically adjust volume for ringers, alerts, ect. to go silent if you want and return to normal when you wake up.

Or if you'd rather do it manually, you can always go into your settings and turn the Notification tones all the way down.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There's also a "None" notification sound, I believe, that you could choose.

If you want flexibility to change them based on time, location, or other triggers check out the Settings Profile app.

aleibas9

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow, thank you guys so much. I am in the process from switching from a BB Tour to an EVO and the new OS is scaring me.

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Wow, thank you guys so much. I am in the process from switching from a BB Tour to an EVO and the new OS is scaring me.

I came from a BB Tour as well. You can learn a lot about Android OS just from reading posts here, that's how I did it at least :)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Try Quick Settings. Super app.The following options:
Flashlight
Battery Info
Ringer
Volume Control
Bluetooth
Wifi
APN Control
Gps Receiver
Master volume
Screen Timeout
Airplane Mode
Auto-sync Data
Auto Rotation
Unlock Patern

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Don't let it. We're here to help. You'll discover that if you take the time to go back and read some of the older threads, and the articles archive, you'll pick up a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984