Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Sluggish and slow texting!

Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to ask a question about my evo. The texting at time can be terribly slow and sluggish. At times it will replace the letter with a number or symbol, not to mention its delayed reaction to my touch. Usually a reboot of the phone will fix it.. but only temporarily. Anyone else had this problem or is this some sort of defect? Thanks!

Well what is running in the background. I have a system task killer installed on my evo and I notice the same thing if I have a lot of things running, even tho I'm not using them. So when I notice my texting and scrolling is running slow, I start my task killer and end the programs im not or no longer using and that makes it run better on my evo.

Yeah I have a auto task killer and have never had that problems... Kills my unused apps every 30 mins...

You don't really need a task killer to fix this. But you do have some program that's sucking up cpu. I suspect a simple reboot (power down, wait a minute, power up) will solve it.

Yeah, something is bogging down your system. I havent experienced any lag with my EVO, but it happened all the time with my Hero.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

thanks guys, the task killer seems to be doing the job! thanks for your help

Default Re: Sluggish and slow texting!

Uninstall task killer. Problem solved.

--
    Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk