HTC Weather Widget shows sun when its dark.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Even though you do a manual refresh it won't show the moon till about 9:35ish here in the west coast.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

I guess you could fix it by waiting for the sun to set.
--
Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me all the time in the Northwest. It'll be dark as night (!) and my display will show the sun shining as if it were noon.

Usually it takes 2 or 3 manual updates for it to show the moon. No biggie.

GenericMusings

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It's 07:48 and I still see the moon, so the opposite is also true. Full moon even though sunrise was technically an hour ago. Ah well. (Oh look, I can see Apollo 11's landing site... Ooooh, shiny.)

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
The HTC weather app is a total joke. I just tried to get my local weather from the so itself (I don't use the widget anymore, it's a waste of resources) and it still thinks I'm one state away where I spent the weekend 9 days ago. It won't manually refresh to my location and my city (like most cities) isn't in the database. Such crap.

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am using fancy widget (which htc took from the market) which looks exactly the same as the htc weather app but it is more accurate. The animation is the only thing I miss from the htc weather app.

Kristy_Joy

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
If you have background data turned off to save battery life, it won't update automatically. You have to manually refresh it. Which isn't a big deal.

GenericMusings

May 24, 2010
Visit site
To know whether or not the sun is shining, I just look outside.

I'm sure if you want to know if it's raining you also just run outside and see if you get wet.

Not really the point people were trying to make and you know it. :p

If you have background data turned off to save battery life, it won't update automatically. You have to manually refresh it. Which isn't a big deal.

And doesn't always work. It's just a silly little app, but it would be nice if it actually functioned properly now and again.

Last edited:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, the sun is still shining even if you can't see it. ;)

But seriously, I think the graphic is related to a weather forecast and not the current time. So perhaps it only updates as weather information is updated?

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure if you want to know if it's raining you also just run outside and see if you get wet.

Not really the point people were trying to make and you know it. :p

And doesn't always work. It's just a silly little app, but it would be nice if it actually functioned properly now and again.

Yeah, I was being snarky on purpose. I use weather widgets on my EVO, on my OS X dashboard, and formerly on my iPhone. They all have the same issue: the day/night is occasionally an hour or so off. Presumably, they're all getting similar data feeds. It just seems utterly pointless to me to worry about such a trivial problem, particularly since every weather widget I've ever used has the same problem, which led me to give the trivial response above.

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using fancy widget (which htc took from the market) which looks exactly the same as the htc weather app but it is more accurate. The animation is the only thing I miss from the htc weather app.

I remember that app having problems not updating for days did they even fix that? I know beautiful widgets has the same problem as the HTC weather widget with it being sunny at night. They must be pulling weather data from the same crappy place.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
1- Check what city / region you are set to for the weather. Remove and re-add widget and set the city.
2- Check the sync time for weather
3- What happens after a manual sync, if none of the above help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908