Recovery Mode Not Working

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This has abd and fastboot for mac's, windows and linux included . just extract to your desktop Hold down shift right click on the fastboot folder and choose open command window here and you should be good

adb and fastboot

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks guys i really appreciate, but it still not working in CMD it says:
"...
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s"

I read somewhere its because of low version hboot, can you tell me how upgrade it.
I feel so stupid to ask you for all these question (well in your eyes I probably am xD), but i am newbie at this.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys i really appreciate, but it still not working in CMD it says:
"...
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s"

I read somewhere its because of low version hboot, can you tell me how upgrade it.
I feel so stupid to ask you for all these question (well in your eyes I probably am xD), but i am newbie at this.
What exactly are you trying to do and what cmd's are you typing in?

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
i try unlock bootloader

"
C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\fastboot cmd>fastboot oem get_identifier_token
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.008s

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\fastboot cmd>
"

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
yes, that s what i type and the error come up. I have old hboot - that s probably reason of the error. But i dont know how to update hboot.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
yes, that s what i type and the error come up. I have old hboot - that s probably reason of the error. But i dont know how to update hboot.

It would work regardless of HBOOT...it's just getting the ID Token to send to HTC. Something else is going on then.

You work more with the EVO 4G, Benny3, do you think this HBOOT problem is true, or is there something else going on? It's 5 a.m. for me, and I need to sleep...

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
i think i entering right, i dont see any typo or maybe i am blind. Here s copy from my cmd:

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\fastboot cmd>fastboot oem get_identifier_token

anyway my hboot is 1.01 and s-on ... again i just read somewhere, maybe it not that reason..

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
wait what ? I havent EVO... yes i know this is htc evo 4G thread, but in my first post i write that i have htc legend ... sorry for misunderstanding...

john686

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
i have sky Vega IM A800S Korean phone .... but i can't get into the recovery mode ..... i tried key combination i.e. volume Up+Down+power button it went into bright screen and says FAST BOOT MODE ... there is no other option here ...
i want to boot my set but rocovery mode is not working . .... plz tell me how do i get into recovery mode

Last edited:

chuckenheimer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I screwed up trying to flash the Axis ROM for Sprint Galaxy S3 d2spr with Cyanogen Mod's latest nightly build installed previously. After the installation and reboot, I come through the screen with the Samsung logo and then the Android logo screen to a black screen. Cannot get into recovery mode no matter what I do, it just boots into the same black screen and stays that away. It's been a long while since I used ADB or Odin to flash ROMs and have forgotten the how to. I have been using the ROM Manager with Clockwork Mod recovery and OTA updates without a hitch. What can anybody suggest that I do to get back into recovery mode so I can apply one of my Cyanogen Mod backups? Any advice will be very much appreciated.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Someone should edit the title of this thread, or at least have people realize it's the HTC Evo 4G, not any other phone. :p

As for the Samsung device, you'll have far more superior help in the Samsung section. However, I will ask a forum member skilled in Samsung to assist you. Have a good day. :)

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I screwed up trying to flash the Axis ROM for Sprint Galaxy S3 d2spr with Cyanogen Mod's latest nightly build installed previously. After the installation and reboot, I come through the screen with the Samsung logo and then the Android logo screen to a black screen. Cannot get into recovery mode no matter what I do, it just boots into the same black screen and stays that away. It's been a long while since I used ADB or Odin to flash ROMs and have forgotten the how to. I have been using the ROM Manager with Clockwork Mod recovery and OTA updates without a hitch. What can anybody suggest that I do to get back into recovery mode so I can apply one of my Cyanogen Mod backups? Any advice will be very much appreciated.

First, can you get into download mode? If yes, follow the next steps. If not, you may have a bigger problem.

You need to have ODIN already installed on a Windows PC. Most ROMs are going to be installed via the SD card, so the only suggestion I can think of is to use ODIN to flash a stock ROM so you can reflash Cyanogen.

You can find stock ROM files at the following link: Rwilco12's Android Repository

Download the build that will work the best, and you can even get a rooted version. Once the file is downloaded, you will need to unip it. 7Zip is a good program found for free many places, CNet being one of them.

You may or may not need ODIN. Odin One Click may be embedded in the file, but open it. If ODIN OC is there just open the file and then put your phone into download mode and plug in. Wait for the PC to recognize the device, and then click start.

If just a .tar file, you need to open ODIN, open the .tar file in the PDA spot, plug in your phone, and click start.

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
PLEASE HELP ME !!

I have a Samsung S Super Clear LCD (GT-I9003) phone. I rooted it.but, today i connected the phone to pc via Samsung Kies.Then it shows new firmware notification.I downloaded the firmware and installed it.All process are completed , But my phone not start.It shows samsung starer logo again and again...but it not working..!! what i do ..? Please help me friends .

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE HELP ME !!

I have a Samsung S Super Clear LCD (GT-I9003) phone. I rooted it.but, today i connected the phone to pc via Samsung Kies.Then it shows new firmware notification.I downloaded the firmware and installed it.All process are completed , But my phone not start.It shows samsung starer logo again and again...but it not working..!! what i do ..? Please help me friends .

Were you rooted? If so you are in a soft brick, because you flashed an ota update over a rooted system. In order for Samsung updates to work, they have to be completely stock, as they are incremental. This means that the update only updates the parts of your system it is meant to, and flashing an ota over a modified system would cause this, which is a soft brick.

Don't get the terms "soft" and "hard" bricks confused, there's a big difference. A soft brick is just a bootloop, which can be easily fixed most of the time.

A hard brick is where the phone won't turn on at all, which can only be fixed using a JTAG unit.

Now the question is, can you get into download mode? I don't know the button combination on the s, but you can find out pretty easily by googling it.

If you can, all you have to do is download Odin, and flash the stock update for your model s through Odin to your phone. There may even be a guide on how to do so on xda. Just look for "galaxy s return to stock" and it should bring something up that can help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2