type too fast? spacebar doesn't register

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
does anyone have a problem with the spacebar not registering when typing quickly on their phone? it seems to be getting worse as i get faster. which of course is annoying because words run together and then get saved in the dictionary or auto-corrected. it's driving me nuts.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
happens to me all the time.
Not with the HTC keyboard, more with "Smart Keyboard Pro"
However, I also hit "b" or "v" when trying to hit the spacebar so I think I'm just terrible at the touch keyboard.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
usually when i go to hit the space bar i hit the left arrow key and places my text in stupid spots in the prev word.
gotta love touch screen keyboards.
Im deff tempted to start looking for an alt keyboard without those arrow keys. they ALWAYS mess me up

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Storm to Droid X, I'm a noob with this touch screen. But I too have noticed when I get rolling typing a message it has a problem with the space. If you turn to landscape mode I've noticed that there's not much of a problem. Still does it a little but not as bad as vertical.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not true multi-touch, but I find it more accurate than the any of the real multi-touch keyboards.

And I don't have the spacebar problem, and I type pretty damn fast.

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes type an entire sentence and the whole thing is one looooooong word. Has to be a better way for us folks that type pretty fast. Guess i'll stick with Shapewriter for a while...

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
this thread made me realize I wanted to look for new keyboards. lol
I just dl'd the Droid X keyboard to try out. I dont hit the arrows as they are not there, but still get the space thing once in a while. I just did it though. Ill give it a few days maybe to play with it before trying something else.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The original htc keyboard is not multitouch.
Droid X keyboard is a free multitouch keyboard.

I actually make less errors on the htc keyboard. But now I mostly use Swype.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The original htc keyboard is not multitouch.
Droid X keyboard is a free multitouch keyboard.

I actually make less errors on the htc keyboard. But now I mostly use Swype.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the EVO is true multitouch or not but the typing experience on the EVO is really good I like it and I rarely have errors. It does take a while to get used to a virtual keyboard, but once you have gotten comfortable, it is really a pleasure to use.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me all the time. I end up with a lot of "this is the.middle of my.sentence" typos. Not to mention all the words that get subbed in by the predictive correction. I need to turn that off.

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm not the only one, happens to me too, I've been trying to press the spacebar a little bit longer but I still miss some.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention all the words that get subbed in by the predictive correction. I need to turn that off.

I had to shut it off too. Works great if you dont type fast, but if you type fast, its a pain in the @SS
I love the speech to text sometimes. Sometimes i will just send the random crap it comes up with to mess with people. I always get WTF? texts back. hahahahah.
I digress though. . . . .

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I only hit the arrow keys in portrait mode, which is a little crampped for me anyways. When I type in landscape mode there is nothing below the space bar, so I don't have an issue there. Coming from a PRE, I don't miss that keyboard at all. Having used other physical landscape keyboards, I think I would prefer that to an onscreen keyboard, but I have no issue with speed at all.

EVO - 4G

Last edited: