Anyone actually prefer the white Evo 4g from Best Buy?

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest that when I first decided to purchase my phone at best buy and was told they only had the white best buy limited edition evo 4g I didnt hesitate. Initially I thought it looked cheaper and tackier than the original all black 4g's. However now I actually like the white backing. It gives my evo a little bit of a unique look and distinguishes it from the others.

The only concern I have is that if I ever utilize my warranty and have it repaired via Sprint technical service---there may be some issues with getting the same color replacement.

Also anyone think the white editions will have a higher resale value (i.e. on ebay/craigslist?)

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea, pictures does not do it justice. When i first got my white EVO and felt the smoothness of it, my views of it changed. I'm satisfied that I got the white one. Hopefully best buy and sprint (when they get theirs) will have a good amount of white evos left so when you do get it serviced, you can get another white evo back. If not then you're gonna be stuck with getting a black one. But hey, an EVO is an Evo. hah!

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
When I called my local BB they only had black but if they would have had white I probably would have gotten it. I saw a video where a guy put the black battery cover on the white phone and it looked pretty cool too. The other way around (black phone with white cover)not so much.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I only got the white one cause that is all they would sell me (only 1 in stock). I think I had a case on the phone before the phone was even activated to cover the white. I would like the white more if it was the entire phone and not just the middle and back.

Jaymcp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am going to buy a white one and sell my black one. Just not thrilled about paying $600 but whatever I want the white EVO.

Validone

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
BB called me and said 'we have evo's, just in white" Do you want one?" I said yes sirrrrr! I agree the white one looks alot better in person. The pictures doesn't do it justice. The battery cover is smooth... It didn't matter to me I had already purchased a black case.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My daughter and I got white cuz it was all we could get at the time (from Best Buy). I have a black case on it, so you can't even tell it's white - until I set it screen down and the white around the camera is visible. I didn't think I'd like the white, but turns out I do.

ohthebaby

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
went to BB and looked at one, for all of you "haters" id advise you to go in store touch and look at the white one, its most def not a girlie color and i was pleasantly surprised how cool it actually looked....that being said i prefer the blk :D

tx_dbs_tx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a guy and I like the white evo much better than the same old drab charcoal gray back. I insisted on getting a white evo and I'm happy with my choice. My wife preferred the black/gray so that's what she got. It just goes to show that black/white, male/female it doesn't matter. Everybody has different taste and like someone mentioned in an earlier post, an evo is an evo so its all good!

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The white one is being marketed to girls. Literally. Check out the commercial.

So, you're saying that the phone in white is intended to attract girls? Hmm, so, should I get a phone that attracts girls or guys? Hmm...

Girl: Cute phone!
Guy: Yeah? Want to try out its camera?
Girl: Sure!
Guy: OK, let's see if we can take a pic of the two of us.
Girl: Haha, ok!
Guy: What's your number so that I can send you over the pic!
Girl: Aww, well aren't you mister suave
Guy: Hey, I could always e-mail it to you instead ;)

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
well I liked to look of the white one better and picked one up but because the back cover is made up of different material it became squeaky after like 10 so I exchanged mine for a black one and no problems with it.

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I was ready to turn back my black evo, then I saw this was an Oreo Evo, bad memories of Oreo with Pre so I'll stick with all black. I wanted all white :O