1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone actually prefer the white Evo 4g from Best Buy?

I'll be honest that when I first decided to purchase my phone at best buy and was told they only had the white best buy limited edition evo 4g I didnt hesitate. Initially I thought it looked cheaper and tackier than the original all black 4g's. However now I actually like the white backing. It gives my evo a little bit of a unique look and distinguishes it from the others.

The only concern I have is that if I ever utilize my warranty and have it repaired via Sprint technical service---there may be some issues with getting the same color replacement.

Also anyone think the white editions will have a higher resale value (i.e. on ebay/craigslist?)

Yeah I agree at first I thought they were ugly but after seeing them in real life they look better

Yea, pictures does not do it justice. When i first got my white EVO and felt the smoothness of it, my views of it changed. I'm satisfied that I got the white one. Hopefully best buy and sprint (when they get theirs) will have a good amount of white evos left so when you do get it serviced, you can get another white evo back. If not then you're gonna be stuck with getting a black one. But hey, an EVO is an Evo. hah!
    yEzZiR! - samsung n400 w/camera > Sanyo mm7400 > Sanyo VM4500> Samsung Instinks > Palm pre > HTC EVO 4g
    jeravicious.wordpress.com

I checked out the white one in best buy and I really liked it. Didn't think I would, but i was mistaken.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

White are for chicks man... fact!

When I called my local BB they only had black but if they would have had white I probably would have gotten it. I saw a video where a guy put the black battery cover on the white phone and it looked pretty cool too. The other way around (black phone with white cover)not so much.

I only got the white one cause that is all they would sell me (only 1 in stock). I think I had a case on the phone before the phone was even activated to cover the white. I would like the white more if it was the entire phone and not just the middle and back.

I liked the white as well. Both look great though...my gf is getting the white, i'm getting the black.

I am going to buy a white one and sell my black one. Just not thrilled about paying $600 but whatever I want the white EVO.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

BB called me and said 'we have evo's, just in white" Do you want one?" I said yes sirrrrr! I agree the white one looks alot better in person. The pictures doesn't do it justice. The battery cover is smooth... It didn't matter to me I had already purchased a black case.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Yes. The white version is more "Consumer friendly" The black one is a bit more "Techie friendly"

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

have both and they both look great

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

My daughter and I got white cuz it was all we could get at the time (from Best Buy). I have a black case on it, so you can't even tell it's white - until I set it screen down and the white around the camera is visible. I didn't think I'd like the white, but turns out I do.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

went to BB and looked at one, for all of you "haters" id advise you to go in store touch and look at the white one, its most def not a girlie color and i was pleasantly surprised how cool it actually looked....that being said i prefer the blk

The white one is being marketed to girls. Literally. Check out the commercial.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

I'm a guy and I like the white evo much better than the same old drab charcoal gray back. I insisted on getting a white evo and I'm happy with my choice. My wife preferred the black/gray so that's what she got. It just goes to show that black/white, male/female it doesn't matter. Everybody has different taste and like someone mentioned in an earlier post, an evo is an evo so its all good!

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The white one is being marketed to girls. Literally. Check out the commercial.
    So, you're saying that the phone in white is intended to attract girls? Hmm, so, should I get a phone that attracts girls or guys? Hmm...

Girl: Cute phone!
    Guy: Yeah? Want to try out its camera?
    Girl: Sure!
    Guy: OK, let's see if we can take a pic of the two of us.
    Girl: Haha, ok!
    Guy: What's your number so that I can send you over the pic!
    Girl: Aww, well aren't you mister suave
    Guy: Hey, I could always e-mail it to you instead

well I liked to look of the white one better and picked one up but because the back cover is made up of different material it became squeaky after like 10 so I exchanged mine for a black one and no problems with it.

I was ready to turn back my black evo, then I saw this was an Oreo Evo, bad memories of Oreo with Pre so I'll stick with all black. I wanted all white :O

Love my white Evo and so does my wife. Prefer it over the black.

i use a case so it doesn't matter....
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Once you go black, you never go back.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

black is not back. But seriously--seems like every phone launches with the default black color. Other than showing more dirt or scratches---i still prefer the white after almost a month.

Now if only the sprint store started carrying the rarer color.

Default Re: Anyone actually prefer the white Evo 4g from Best Buy?

Anyone have a white one that wants to trade for the black battery cover only? I have a clear pink tpu crystal case and I think it would look better with the white cover.

Swyped from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk