Something only the Evo can do...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I mean, what's the point of the wiimote and gameboid working when you don't have a kickstand to hold up your phone for you while you play?

Looks a little off cause I was holding my Pre and trying to take a pic with one hand... but basically playing Gameboid with Evo held up by kickstand with wiimote on Cyanogen's mod.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
thats cool . you can play with a remote. does this work with any other games? any other remotes ?

Since CM6 replaces the HTC bluetooth stack with a more standard and complete one, you can use bluetooth devices. I don't know if there are other bluetooth gamepads out there, or if other emulators support bluetooth input devices, but if so they should work.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Since CM6 replaces the HTC bluetooth stack with a more standard and complete one, you can use bluetooth devices. I don't know if there are other bluetooth gamepads out there, or if other emulators support bluetooth input devices, but if so they should work.

Wiimote (with or without classic controller attached) and the PS3 controller will all work with any of the 'oid' emulators, however you must be running ROM based on Stock Android (NOT SENSE). Stupid HTC broke the functionality probably trying to add some useless feature for bluetooth in sense.

Any chance of being able to play with a real snes pad? Wired of course.

The Wii's classic controller is as close as you are going to come.

jt513

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Wiimote (with or without classic controller attached) and the PS3 controller will all work with any of the 'oid' emulators, however you must be running ROM based on Stock Android (NOT SENSE). Stupid HTC broke the functionality probably trying to add some useless feature for bluetooth in sense.

So I can use a Wii controler to play my NES emulator? Awesome! However you said I can not do so w/ HTC's Sense? Can I download one of the other interfaces to make it work?

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So I can use a Wii controler to play my NES emulator? Awesome! However you said I can not do so w/ HTC's Sense? Can I download one of the other interfaces to make it work?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...g-snes-my-evo-my-wii-remote-snes-gamepad.html

Read that thread.

Its a little more complex than downloading a program. But its required to make it happen.

And to the person that said a ps3 controller would work.. have you confirmed this? Because last i knew the only way to pair them was via USB ( which the evo does not have)

The WiiRemote works. you press buttons 1 &2 to activate pairing mode.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Hes correct.

The wii remote works by itself ( i use for gba and nes) or with the Classic Controller addon or nunchuck.

If you go to Shortcuts in the emulator menus you can assign the extra buttons like z1 and z2 or the trigger and A button to Save State and Load State.. Which is the best way to cheeze a game

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
A lot of other phones can use the Wii remote, so that's not something only the evo can do. If your referring to the kickstand then everybody knows that only the evo has it. Now if your saying only the evo has a kickstand and use a Wii remote to play emus, its still only half what the evo can do. I don't consider it better because you have to root your phone with a non sense UI Rom to use the gamepad. It would be better if a non rooted evo can do this. I used to make fun of people who had to jailbreak there iphones to get features the evo comes with standard. But even Android OS needs to be rooted just to get things that are not included in the devices. Well I think its safe to say, we can't make fun of jailbroken iphones if were rooting our Android phones.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
A lot of other phones can use the Wii remote, so that's not something only the evo can do. If your referring to the kickstand then everybody knows that only the evo has it. Now if your saying only the evo has a kickstand and use a Wii remote to play emus, its still only half what the evo can do. I don't consider it better because you have to root your phone with a non sense UI Rom to use the gamepad. It would be better if a non rooted evo can do this. I used to make fun of people who had to jailbreak there iphones to get features the evo comes with standard. But even Android OS needs to be rooted just to get things that are not included in the devices. Well I think its safe to say, we can't make fun of jailbroken iphones if were rooting our Android phones.

I was just saying that I think it's pointless to play with a wiimote if the phone is laying down.
With the kickstand, gameplay = 10x easier andmakes the wiimote useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34