HDMI to Composite Converter

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use the EVO's HDMI with an HDMI to composite converter ... I know there were issues with HDMI working with only certain HD screens ... There are situations that HDMI isnt available but if it can still be recognized after its converted from digital to analog would be great .. please post if you have info on this and where to find proper hardware would be an added bonus if this is at all possible.

Reactions: 12smile

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not the same as just popping a little adapter on the cable like going from S-Video to Composite.

HDMI to composite conversion requires some processing because it's digital to analog. Those units go for like $300.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
OOOHHH SH*t ... I thought it would be a simple HDMI to Composite unit at Radio shack for $25 (complete)

No. I wish it was that easy.. but you would need a signal processing box to make that happen.

They make ebay cables as well that do this, but they dont work because they lack a signal processor.

I used to try all kinds of things back in the day with av..

wnrussell3

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This converter called a Port-ta box worked fine for me, to go from HDMI on my Android to the display on my BMW.

HDMI2012531161049311.jpg

HDMI to VGA/RGB+Audio R/L or toslink converter--Portta