Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Replacing LCD and digitizer, does version matter?

My coworker dropped her HTC EVO 4G on a tile floor and destroyed the digitizer and the LCD both. I have read online that there were different vendors for the LCD during production of the EVO 4G. Do I need to find out what this phone shipped with before I order replacement parts or is it irrelevant? Thank you and sorry if this has already been covered, I did search first but may not have used the proper wording.
    Flashoholic!!

Default Re: Replacing LCD and digitizer, does version matter?

Quote Originally Posted by fivegear View Post
    My coworker dropped her HTC EVO 4G on a tile floor and destroyed the digitizer and the LCD both. I have read online that there were different vendors for the LCD during production of the EVO 4G. Do I need to find out what this phone shipped with before I order replacement parts or is it irrelevant? Thank you and sorry if this has already been covered, I did search first but may not have used the proper wording.
    It doesn't matter with the digitizer but the LCD it does. the early evo's had a narrow ribbon and the later had a wide. In the pic's the bottom is the narrow which is around 3/8 of a inch and the top is the wide which is 5/8 of a inch. i would say pull the back off and see which one you have before you order