Home Keys stopped working.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
While plugged in and charging if it hits full charge and the screen times out when I unlock the home keys will not light up. If I unplug the charger they come on. Its only when it hits the green full charge.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
They do come on I just have to be in a really dark place, I think the light from the Charge led is messing with the light sensor.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Possibly. They are crazy sensitive. The sensors (Proximity and Ambient Light) are located pretty much right below the LED in the grille.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I think that if you are not in a cave that the leds are combined with the ambient light are too much. I can cover the sensor with my thumb and the keys light up. If I unplug the charger the keys light up. I think the green light it just too bright.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
While plugged in and charging if it hits full charge and the screen times out when I unlock the home keys will not light up. If I unplug the charger they come on. Its only when it hits the green full charge.

I have the same issue every morning when my alarm goes off I check to see how many emails I have and the home keys never light up. Later in the day I check again and everything is fine so this makes sense must be what is happening to my EVO. I wonder if this has anything to do with the EVO not flashing the light for notifications while charging

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'll give it a shot. Is the room you are charging it in dark or bright?

Well this mourning I was in my living room with the blinds shut so about midway. I think it was just a little too bright in combination with the super bright green led because I tried it in my room under the bed and then it worked. I think the green led is a tad too bright.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well this mourning I was in my living room with the blinds shut so about midway. I think it was just a little too bright in combination with the super bright green led because I tried it in my room under the bed and then it worked. I think the green led is a tad too bright.

Well, I gave it a shot. Charged up the battery to 100. Unlocked the screen and let it time out. When I unlocked it, the keys lit up. The sensor seems to take about 5 seconds to adjust to brightness (I put the sensor up to a bright light and counted). I noticed that some other people have noticed this too, so you're not being nitpicky.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried it this morning in a pitch black room fully charged still plugged in with the green light on and no lights on the home keys. Unplugged my EVO green light goes off and everything is fine.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that's how it is supose to work, mine come on while charging at full but it really has to be dark. I think the led placement next to the light sensor was a poor idea.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I did now charged it till the green light came on turn on the screen in a semi dark room no lights on the home buttons. Unplug the charger green light goes out the home button lights come on plug the charger back in home button lights still on the green light comes on and the home button lights stay on with the green light on. Took it in a dark room pitch black same results. What say you now? I say there is something in the programing that is keeping the home button lights off once the device reached fully charged but you have to turn it on after the green light comes on. I don't think the light sensor has anything to do with it. Is that all perfectly clear because I think I just confused myself

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Here is what I did now charged it till the green light came on turn on the screen in a semi dark room no lights on the home buttons. Unplug the charger green light goes out the home button lights come on plug the charger back in home button lights still on the green light comes on and the home button lights stay on with the green light on. Took it in a dark room pitch black same results. What say you now? I say there is something in the programing that is keeping the home button lights off once the device reached fully charged but you have to turn it on after the green light comes on. I don't think the light sensor has anything to do with it. Is that all perfectly clear because I think I just confused myself
I have had a few of these and that is not how it is suppose to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463