Sports Calendar from google not showing up on evo calendar

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to figure out why my gmail calendar "other calendars" aren't showing up. Actually, the Holiday calendar I added shows up on my phone just fine. But this morning I tried adding the WVU NCAA football schedule and it loaded it just find on gmail/google calendar, but then when I go to look on my evo it doesn't show up at all.

So then I added "work calendar" under "my calendars" and that showed up just fine. Whats the deal? Anyone else running into this problem. Thanks!

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This isn't an EVO problem because I had the same thing happen when I tried to sync my local NBA teams Google calendar on my Palm Pre. My solution was to pull in one of yahoo's sports calendars into Google.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for me either.

The moon phases calendar imported fine though.

Off to check out the yahoo calendars.....

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. They show up on the menu to select which calendars to display, but I get nothing on the actual calendar view.

No clue what's going on.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
As I stated earlier this same behavior was happening on my Pre, where Google sport calendars would show on desktop Google calendar but not on the phone. Many on precentral forum confirmed the behavior but couldn't figure out what was the cause.

So when I hear its doing this on the EVO also, I'd chalk it up to something on the Google server side. Maybe it has something to do with licensing or something. We may never know...unless it does actually work somehow.

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The sports app have never synced to anything other than google calendar on the computer. Some have said its due to copyright issues, I dont know but Ive been trying to do this for a long time and it doesnt look like it will ever work. You have to add a sports calendar other then the google one

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well how about that. Just saw my calendar widget and the Cubs schedule now shows up on the calendar. I didn't do anything to try and fix it but now it just works.

Go figure.

cdaniel76

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone been able to figure out what's wrong? I see some of you mentioned having trouble with the sports calendars on the Pre. I had a Pre also and had no trouble.

Newblood

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

MySportsCal.com - Download Sports Schedules to Outlook, iCal, Google Calendar

I even had to use the "ical" format on one of my teams (ugh).

I used this method also for an NFL and college team calendar. Making a separate calender for each subject, I prefer it that way for organization, also making it possible to delete a particular calendar without effecting the others.

- Download the ical file
- Create new calendar in google calendar (using an appropriate name)
- Import ical file, making sure you select the appropriate calendar to import into.
- Add notifications to calendar of desired.

The new calendars with auto sync to your EVO.
If you would like more detailed info, I would be happy to provide

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I used this method also for an NFL and college team calendar. Making a separate calender for each subject, I prefer it that way for organization, also making it possible to delete a particular calendar without effecting the others.

- Download the ical file
- Create new calendar in google calendar (using an appropriate name)
- Import ical file, making sure you select the appropriate calendar to import into.
- Add notifications to calendar of desired.

The new calendars with auto sync to your EVO.
If you would like more detailed info, I would be happy to provide

I was going to post this as well this is the same solution I have gotten to work I just made the new calendar and imported the ical file from my teams website works like a charm.