Best video Chatting solution for EVO to PC

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I know fring used to be able to connect you with Skype, but not anymore. So, how can I video chat from a PC or MAC to the EVO without having to broadcast the video to the world. Anybody?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I know fring used to be able to connect you with Skype, but not anymore. So, how can I video chat from a PC or MAC to the EVO without having to broadcast the video to the world. Anybody?

Well i'm hoping for either Google talk video to make its way to the Android system or Yahoo IM video would be nice.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm currious about this as well. I'm interested to see if there is something currently available for video chatting to a PC or MAC from the EVO. If not, hopefully something is in the works. I think this would be very useful for video conferencing when you are mobile.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
According to Mochiva's faq it is not free...."Cost of iMovicha is based on the operating system purchased. On purchasing a mobile platform (Ex: iPhone) user is provided a free download of either MAC iMovicha or Windows iMovicha."
source

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Android client, and wasn't charged.. also downloaded the Windows client..
I'll have to setup a fake account for testing now..

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've setup a test account on my pc, and ran it on my eVo... I can say for certain, it SUCKS..

Video quality is horrible (on WiFi, same WLAN even!!). No option to switch to front camera, so only can use 8M camera on back for video..

Didn't bother with audio, cause the video was soo pixelated that it would be considered unusable to me..
Compared to Fring and Qik (eVo to eVo), this is definately at the bottom of the barrel.. maybe with some improvements and the ability to use the front facing camera might help.. but they need to work on video quality.

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the one for evo? I have that and front camera works and the quality is not to bad even on 3g.

Sent from my Evo!

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the one for evo? I have that and front camera works and the quality is not to bad even on 3g.

Sent from my Evo!

I got the one for evo.. at least it was from the market and marked as for the evo. Maybe I'll try again, after redownloading it.

randompre21

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
well tried it, never go the front camera to work. audio wasn't bad but video quality was horrible on both the camera and the pc i tested. Thumbs down. boooooo and next ;-(

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work period. Both me and my friend downloaded it. I sent him a video call and it just kept ringing and ringing and he never even got the call on his end. Tried the other way around and nothing

bsiegler

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be a solution for this soon. QIK is ok, but we need something more accepted by non-EVO users. FRING/SKYPE was great, I'm rather frustrated on how Verizon chooses to team with a vendor for exclusivity. Could you imagine Sprint having an exclusivity contract with google (not that it would ever happen).

So.. here is what we need. A native Google Talk Video chat client for the phone. I'm stunned it's not there already.

A Skype Clone that somehow bypasses what their legal team would complain about. My Nokia 800 Tablet has Skype AND Gizmo Video! How is it that my Nokia has better integration with a Google owned company/software than Google does?

Even my Microsoft 6.1 phones can run skype on non Verizon phones (not video though).

Help!

... not that video chat is at all useful.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
According to Mochiva's faq it is not free...."Cost of iMovicha is based on the operating system purchased. On purchasing a mobile platform (Ex: iPhone) user is provided a free download of either MAC iMovicha or Windows iMovicha."
source

I don't see where they charge you. They didn't ask for any credit card information either. Can anyone confirm if this a free program or not. Just because the app is free doesn't mean that there is no subscription charges.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Just used movicha and the front and rear cam worked. The audio was pretty bad thru the speaker but seemed a bit better with some ear buds. The vid i saw of the other person was decent but they said i was a bit distorted. Neither of us were asked for any type of payment but maybe for me it uses my mins? Not sure. Full screen was DEF horrible tho. The picture is very stretched out. The vid of yourself displays in the lower left of the person you're talking to but you can shut it off. Overall i would say if you really want to vid chat with someone who doesn't have a ffc phone ( in my case fam across the country) it will have to do for now until someone gets the ball rolling on something better