is anyone seeing dropped/lost WiFi connections

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
alright, for about a week now it appears my Evo likes to lose its WiFi connection. it appears to stay on, but it won't find my home network. or any network close by. and then when it does it won't connect to it. i have to reboot the phone to remedy the problem. anyone else?

Wizzums#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My experience is a little different. If I don't remember to turn off WiFi before leaving the house and going out of range, it will drop the connection as normal and connect to 3G. But when I come back home, it won't reconnect to WiFi unless I reboot the phone. Even if I shut off WiFi and turn it back on. Or "forget" the network and retype everything back in. It will sit there "Obtaining IP address" on my WiFi connection, which drains my battery at like 15% per hour.

So annoying!

mynameisjim#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my EVO not connecting or staying connected to remembered networks. With WiFi on it still uses 3G usually. For me, I do not need to reboot, I just turn WiFi off and then on again.

mkansgen

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Yep. Trouble with my wifi too. Connects for a bit and then nothing. I'm running off of 3g in my house most of the time now while our other devices use wifi. I would assume (uh oh) this will be corrected in the next release. 8)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What ROM's guys? I'm on DC 3.2 and have not had either of the issues described above.

I know nick is running a custom ROM, just not sure which one. What about you other guys?

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the stock ROM and it happens ALL the time. It's just that when my phone sits idle for an unknown amount of time, then the WiFi is gone... Rather annoying...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It has happened to me but I'm on Cyanogen6... I thought it was a problem with the Rom.

Try this:
Long press on the network and press connect.
If that doesn't work, just click the network and forget it.
Then when you re-enter the information, remember to scroll down and enter the password.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
What ROM's guys? I'm on DC 3.2 and have not had either of the issues described above.

I know nick is running a custom ROM, just not sure which one. What about you other guys?

it started while i was playing with DC and so i switched back to RvU 1.4. then it happened again.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What access point /router do you guys use. I have Linksys WRT54G2s, two of them for maximum coverage in the house. I have never seen this problem and I use Wifi all day at home. My wife goes back and forth each day between work and home and she has never seen the problem either. Both of us are on EVO 4G.

Maybe weak Wifi in your home?

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I also have this problem, though I don't need to reboot to fix it. Simply toggling wifi on/off will cause it to reconnect.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router and I'm using WPA-AES encryption. I've used lots of various devices on my home network - smartphones, PDA's, laptops, etc - and I've never seen this problem before.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I also have this problem, though I don't need to reboot to fix it. Simply toggling wifi on/off will cause it to reconnect.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router and I'm using WPA-AES encryption. I've used lots of various devices on my home network - smartphones, PDA's, laptops, etc - and I've never seen this problem before.
Same problem, same router, same encryption.. my son's Win 7 laptop and my Evo are the two newest devices on our network and they both do this. His when he turns his laptop on, mine when it leaves the area. We have several other laptops and WiFi devices (iPod touch, Blackberries, networks) that also don't have a problem) I can't figure it out other than it seems to happen when the IP is renewed. I read somewhere that it has to do with the ISP and the limited number of IP addresses available!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc