EVO as a "voice recorder" and does it have "mic input"

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm a teacher (7th grade English), and I've gotten in the habit over the last few years of recording my daily class and posting it as a podcast on my website for absent students to use (or for kids to use as a reference when studying).

Ok, now back when I had the TREO 650...or maybe 700p, (when I first started doing this) I could plug a microphone into it and start up the "voice record" application and just record class. It worked well. It even recorded it as an mp3 (I think. if not, then I just converted it using a small program). I could quickly upload it and go.

Now what I want to know is is there a good app for the EVO to do this? To record a lecture (30+ minutes) and WITH the ability to PAUSE mid-speech (awesome ability the TREO had when dealing with mid-class interruptions) AND accept a microphone input (this goes to the EVO's hardware. can it do this?).

So the two big questions are: is there an APP that will allow me to record like this AND PAUSE while recording and then start up again. With an easy to use interface?
And two, can I plug a "3 ringed microphone plug" into the EVO and have it work (the standard size...I just can't remember if that is 2.5 or 3.5). I had purchased a really nice multi-directional mike for use with my TREO that made picking up class discussions a breeze.

Thanks
K--

afterthought - worse case scenario - I just realized I can pick up an old 700P on Ebay for under $20. Wow. I'd still rather use my EVO for this, but that will work as a backup, I guess.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a voice recorder stock. No pUse feature I se Nd saves as an .amr . Pretty sure there is a better app.

For the hardware question, I just plugged in my kids sing star Mic and it only showed up as a headset with no Mic. A 3 ring might work correctly.

P.s. the jack is 3.5 and thanks for being a teacher and thinking outside the box

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang