Official Facebook not Syncing thread

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I emailed HTC regarding my Favorites widget, which has my friends FB sync to it, the pictures don't update when a friends change there pic, EVER. Even my Facebook profile which is linked to my phone, I have the same picture showing up from 3 weeks ago, and I changed my pic 2 weeks ago lol. Also it doesn't center the picture, my friends heads are cut off too, smh.

Also just for reference, I have an HD2, it comes with the same favorite widget (called 'People') and it auto updates perfectly AND centers the picture too. Anyways here is the response:

Hi, I'm Victor, and I will be glad to assist you today. At this time we do not have a fix for the issues you are having with your device. We have no information on when an update will be released to help resolve these issues with your device. Once an update is released for your device you will get a notification on your device that an update is available for it. If you have any other questions feel free to reply. You may also enjoy HTC Community - Join the HTC Mobile Phone Community Online, our customer-based forum, which has a plethora of information on HTC devices. I would also like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at HTC Online Survey. I hope you have a great day!

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10USCW25ENA001636.

Sincerely,

Victor
My thing is, whats the point of having such feature, if it doesn't work?!

As most have experienced the EVO is having issues with syncing your Facebook contacts.​

At first I was not having this issue but after doing a Factory Reset I am sadly not syncing Facebook contacts anymore. I have combined all the threads related to this issue and I will add links to all the relevant information I can find to this post. Everyone remain calm until HTC gets this issue resolved. :mad:

In case you don't know what I am talking about its the Facebook contacts so the people widget no longer shows your facebook contacts.

On HTC forums:
Facebook for HTC Sense simply stopped working - "Connection Error" - HTC EVO™ 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Also post it here... Don't have to be rude like some others but let them know so they will fix it asap...

We have more information

See this post HERE or go to the front page article HERE

Thanks Phil for working on this and getting an answer out of HTC

Later,
Dave

Last edited:

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine are you sure you are chasing the correct favorites group when you set up the widget. I had 2 favorites categories and in the beginning I chose the wrong one. Just remove the widget then add it back check for 2 favorites groups.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine are you sure you are chasing the correct favorites group when you set up the widget. I had 2 favorites categories and in the beginning I chose the wrong one. Just remove the widget then add it back check for 2 favorites groups.

Huh? I think he is talking about how your Facebook syncs to your contact list on your phone. You don't have to setup a favorites list or anything like that. I have the same problem he has. The pictures sync the first time you link the account to your facebook contact but then never updates.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine update all the time within a few hours after someone changes there photo. When you first place the widget you have to chose a contacts category that will be displayed correct? Check to make sure you are chasing the correct category or am I way off and you are talking about something else

SA10A10

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I emailed HTC regarding my Favorites widget, which has my friends FB sync to it, the pictures don'st update when a friends change there pic, EVER. Even my Facebook profile which is linked to my phone, I have the same picture showing up from 3 weeks ago, and I changed my pic 2 weeks ago lol. Also it doesn't center the picture, my friends heads are cut off too, smh.

Also just for reference, I have an HD2, it comes with the same favorite widget (called 'People') and it auto updates perfectly AND centers the picture too. Anyways here is the response:

My thing is, whats the point of having such feature, if it doesn't work?!
I have found that if you log out of your facebook for sense and then log back in that these pics will then update. When you go in to the facebook for HTC SENSE app you can press menu and there will be a sign off option and it will ask if your sure you want to log off as your phone may loose facebook data blah blah blah you select yes then after wards re open app and sign back in an vol-la pics have updated.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have found that if you log out of your facebook for sense and then log back in that these pics will then update. When you go in to the facebook for HTC SENSE app you can press menu and there will be a sign off option and it will ask if your sure you want to log off as your phone may loose facebook data blah blah blah you select yes then after wards re open app and sign back in an vol-la pics have updated.

I only have 1 facebook app and it's not the facebook for sense. I look in the installed apps and it shows both.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for htc sense and my contacts

Okay so right now I have my Facebook account linked to my gmail contacts and it seems to work great for the most part. Although it seems to not always change the pictures in my contacts. Like some of my contacts will have their current picture and some won't, including my contact card.

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
People app & people's Facebook pics

To me, the best way to view particular people's facebook pics its to go to the people app and click on the photos icon.

However, it only seems to work for done off my contacts, not all.

Refreshing the sync for my facebook account has no effect.

Anyone have an idea?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's most likely the privacy settings the users have setup for sharing photos.

Some content is only viewable from the Facebook website and syncing apps/programs can't see it. I don't know if this is by design or if third party software just overlooks it.