In-call volume too low on Evo 4g

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I had the same issue - I got my phone on the very first day I tried every setting possible to increase it but nothing really work ! However, gradually it got better and now I have my in call volume lowered down from full to 2 steps minus full.. so I'd say wait for couple of weeks and it might get better. (few things - I haven't rooted my phone, I haven't updated to 2.2 yet and my phone is without any cover)

Good Luck with in call volume - hope it gets better :)

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Wonder how it got better with time?

+1 LMAO..I'm assuming he meant he got use to it. Mine is low also when I'm out where there is a lot of background noise, Only fix I found was my bluetooth canceled out background excellently.

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
+1 LMAO..I'm assuming he meant he got use to it. Mine is low also when I'm out where there is a lot of background noise, Only fix I found was my bluetooth canceled out background excellently.

Not really but yes I do remember I did the update (2.1 update) that came before FROYO (2.2) so I believe that helped

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Sasha, which headset are you using?

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why but ever since I rooted my phone, in call volume is so loud. Maybe it's the custom kernel?

Yea certain kernels have the volume boosted. I'm using KingKernel #9 with the latest unreleased OTA and the volume is VERY loud.