Kickstand

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not to complain, im just wondering what everyone else thinks.... wouldnt it have been a better idea to design the kickstand to go as close to the middle as possible, but still a little to one side so that you can click the left side of the screen easily without knocking it over?

wormdood

Apr 20, 2010
blog.mattkurio.com
Would be better in the middle, but the battery has to fit too. I like how solid the kickstand is since is built into the phone and not the back cover.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
They may have thought about that, but you have to realize that placing it there should mess with the internals like the battery and whatnot.

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I know that, thats why I said as close to the middle as possible.. Idk, maybe its as close as it can get, but looks to me like they could get it up a couple centimeters, and thats all the better.

mjbuf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
you realize the closer to the middle it get the more likely it will be to fall ? its in the perfect position its close enough to the middle to it wont fall but its not too close so that it again wont fall plus it allows for the battery as everyone else has pointed out

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
you realize the closer to the middle it get the more likely it will be to fall ? its in the perfect position its close enough to the middle to it wont fall but its not too close so that it again wont fall plus it allows for the battery as everyone else has pointed out

I disagree completely. It would be much more stable if the kickstand was in the middle. The force on each corner required to push it over backwards would be halved compared to the force required to push it over backwards by pressing on the left top corner, as it currently is designed.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty much in the only place you could put it.. Have you pulled off the back cover at all? The battery is in the middle and the camera lens is at the top.... The Kick Stand is as close as you can get to the battery No real room to move the Camera up more and then move the battery housing up just to get the kick stand in place.

Only other option would have been to make the kick stand a part of the backplate instead of part of the physical phone.....

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

What? This is nonsense.

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
haha who is this guy who thinks if it was in the middle, it would be more likey to fall? and i think the camera looks like it could be moved up a lil, and so could the kickstand itself. Again, not complaining, just thinking.i like to use the kickstand, but i have to still hold it to click on the left side unless i click reallly soft, but sometimes i knock it over.

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think that it is pretty stable IMO. At first I thought that it was just a gimmick too but seems like I use it every day. Just hope it with stands the time.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It would've been nice if they gave the kickstand some rubber tips, that way the phone doesn't slide forward when I touch the screen. I guess I can always make one myself, or just learn to touch softer. :p

Or better yet, Seidio should create another case with a built-in kickstand that's placed next to the camera area. The kickstand can just be a little flap that pops open like a door.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I think they put it there so it can be used in both landscape mode and portrait mode. I don't think it has anything to do with the camera or battery placement. I wish it was in the middle too. I never use it it portrait mode and would be surprised if anyone does. It would be nice to be able to prop it up on the dash of a car for GPS use or for a passenger to watch a movie on a long drive. It's very unstable for anything other than a flat, level surface.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the theory of the kickstand being a heatsink for the CPU (great concept), but is there evidence of that? I don't want to repeat something to friends based on a forum rumor. I've never heard of this novel concept in reference to the EVO. Is there a link as support on this?

Not wanting to necessarily be a doubting Thomas, but I don't want to get burned repeating something until I know its true.

Thanks
K--

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
the kickstand is also a heat sink for the CPU, which is probably a big factor in it's location.
Who told you that? It is not a heat sink. If it was it would be hot to the touch and it would also need to be resting directly in contact with the CPU so that the CPU's heat would transfer. Also, the Qualcomm CPU is towards the center of the phone's circuit board, nowhere near the kickstand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois