text deletion help!

mjbuf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
im finding it completely impossibly to delete any text thread on my evo be it in handscent or the native messaging app it is getting quite annoying. im wondering is it possible to acess the text database through a pc and delete all my texts via pc? because im getting frustrated i have 10k plus texts and countinggggg

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
im finding it completely impossibly to delete any text thread on my evo be it in handscent or the native messaging app it is getting quite annoying. im wondering is it possible to acess the text database through a pc and delete all my texts via pc? because im getting frustrated i have 10k plus texts and countinggggg

I don't think you can without rooting. I can't seem to access more than a few basic features if I turn my Evo into a disk drive.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not understanding why you can't delete your text messages. If you long press the thread, the option to delete it appears. Does your EVO not do this?

mjbuf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
yea i know how to delete threads haha dont worry but what was happening was itd freeze my phone completely to the point where id have to take the battery out it got worse and worse as i got more texts its as if my texts were affecting the phone! lastnight other apps started slowing down as a result of trying to delete a thread of like 5000 soo i just did a factory reset it was my only soulution! i use handscent but in the default messaging app i set the max per thread to 999 so the default will delte my texts for me while i use handscent hopefully it works out! thanks for the comments though!

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem but I only had about 5k texts.
I found that any thread over 1k will probably cause the program to crash.
Any over 500 would have a huge impact on the speed of the app.
I tend to limit mine to about 200 messages per thread.
Using handcent currently with the default app set to delete messages at 200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome