Volume buttons

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
so i got my evo about 3 days ago been too excited and lost in it to post about it lol. btw getting my evo was a journey to hell and back had so many problems with sprint and the store i was at, store manager was an ******* and a douche, but anyways back to my post, the volume buttons on my evo almost feel like 2 stage buttons like the camera button on the moment, are they all like that or is it just mine. like i can push and hear it click but then if i push a little harder it clicks again and actually changes the volume. to me it just feels like a 2 stage button but cant see any reasoning for it, let me know how everyone elses buttons are!!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It should increase/decrease volume with just one tap.

Try this:
-Volume down until you hit the vibrate setting
-Wait until the volume screen goes away
-Volume up once

If it goes off vibrate, then it does only take 1 step.

Edit: Or press and hold the volume button to set it faster.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
that works i just have to press it all the way down kinda hard, it just feels like a 2 stage button the way it clickes twice

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My volume buttons exhibit the same behavior as yours. I took the phone to an authorized Sprint repair center and the guy that looked at the phone said that they felt normal to him. His words were "This is what new buttons feel like. Sometimes they need some time to break in." Give me a break. I've had my phone for almost a month now and they still have this extra click. I placed an order for a replacement phone (which Sprint somehow accidentally canceled so I need to call in and start the process over again) so I'm hoping whenever I get the new phone it won't have the same issue.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah it just makes the phone really cheap when you feel the buttons, nothing that is going to make me hate the evo and return it like some of the threads on this site lol. I can live with it but to me it feels like it should have been sturdier at least on my phone

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Once you feel that click, that should be the physical button making contact with the rest of the hardware and completing the circuit. If you feel the click but still have to press harder my guess is that the hardware is just ever so slightly mis-aligned.
I would go to a different store, where hopefully an evo is on display, or an employee has one and do a side by side comparison. With my unit, once i feel the click it does its thing right then. No having to press harder after the first click. Heck, mine wont even make a 2nd click.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure it is a problem with my phone but as of right now its not bothering me and a service center probably wont even switch it out because they would say its not defective im sure

mhebert2001

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my Evo last week and noticed the same behavior in mine.

I went back to the store and none of the display models exibited this. Also, two of the reps had Evos, and theirs were fine.

I told them that I wanted to exchange it, if for no other reason then the noise drove me crazy. Long story short drove to another store because the 1st one wouldnt do the exchange.

Got there and they unboxed a new one, and guess what? The new one was even worst! Opened another, and it was the same thing again.

Told them I might as well keep mine, no sense loosing a screen protector I had just put on.

But the really interesting thing is.... after all the Sprint employees mashing the volume buttons over and over on mine, now it has almost gone away. Had I known that it might start going away on its own, I could have saved a lot of driving!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87