Force run EVO on Verizon network/signal

mikecpilot

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Heard there is a way to force the EVO to run on the Verizon signal. True? How?

I have almost no signal at my home and drop lot's of calls. My Verizon using neighbors get great signals around my home. I think switching the signal from Sprint to Verizon will solve my problems.

MIKECPILOT

jt513

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking for an app (would be nice to have it as a widget as well) to enable forced roaming.

I would even be willing to pay for this, if someone to work on it.

jt513

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
1x is voice, yes? (if its also text, that would be nice but I am just needing voice roaming.)

That is all I need and might be enough to assist the OP out as well.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You cannot roam with EVDO data, only 1xRTT.

As far as ROAM ONLY goes, i dont know of any apps directly that control this for android.. On my pre it was an interface hack you could do easily.

This brings me to this:

Why don't you call sprint retentions and tell them you want an AIRAVE.
I cant really tell you how to get one free, but if you put your magic charm to the test and threaten to cancel its worked for other members here.

I have an AIRAVE and its awesome. 5 bars all around the house, battery live and call quality excellent. I use WiFi for my data

jt513

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I spend a good amount of time between my place, my parents and my wife's parents.

Sprint has given me 2 free AIRAVEs as well as free service on them.

Need the forced roam for voice calls at my wife's parents. lol.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Um, you're all mistaken.

WHENEVER I roam it's with EVDO on Verizon. I thought it was because we don't have a 1x antenna in our phones, only 3G, and 4G, but this is just an educated assumption.

It must just be me.

Texts work with roaming.

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Um, you're all mistaken.

WHENEVER I roam it's with EVDO on Verizon. I thought it was because we don't have a 1x antenna in our phones, only 3G, and 4G, but this is just an educated assumption.

It must just be me.

Texts work with roaming.

Nope. It is 1x on Verizon. Very low data capability. According Real Signal app, when I have roaming triangle (and it is Verizon) whatever bars on Verizon are CDMA signal, not EVDO

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Did it, apparently I have Verizon tower almost near my back yard. So I have 5+ bars now at home, instead none for Sprint. Now if somebody could come up with the widget that can do the switch between Sprint settings and Verizon automatically?

jt513

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Did it, apparently I have Verizon tower almost near my back yard. So I have 5+ bars now at home, instead none for Sprint. Now if somebody could come up with the widget that can do the switch between Sprint settings and Verizon automatically?

..would be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2