Crazy Laptop/EVO 4G Issue

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So, everytime I reboot my laptop, it will always stall at the beginning of the POST where I can hit F2 to get in the bios if I have my evo plugged into the USB port. If I restart without it, my laptop boots up fine. Any clue of what's happening?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the EVO looks like any other USB mass storage device to your laptop. When you leave your EVO plugged into a USB port, your laptop is trying to boot off of the microSD of the EVO.

You should be able to change your bios settings in your laptop to make the 'boot from hard drive' have a higher priority than 'boot from USB device.' Otherwise, you may need to see if you can disable the 'boot from USB' option. The last way is to just unplug your EVO when rebooting your laptop.

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You will need to change your boot priority so that its not booting from a usb device. It also may be listed under the hard drives in which case you'll want to move your boot disc to the top. Make sure the evo is plugged in during these steps.

seahawksax

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
im actually trying to boot from USB on my evo..i am developing a "live cd" app for the market...any theories guys? all the files are in the right places. might i also mention the orgi prob from the beginning of this thread is still happening