Not Receiving Email Notification

archenemy0

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have only had my phone about a week. I set up the POP email with the default Android email client. I have the download frequency set to 1 hour all times of the day every day. Only thing is it doesn't download the messages unless i open the app my self.

Today I have tried K9 i'm not to into it really. I prefer the Android app but also same problem in this app.

The only option that seemed to work so far is setting up my POP mail in gmail. It's pushes instantly to the phone when I get an email. Works really well. This seems web based though. Messages reside on the internet not in the phone...

I wonder if there is a setting somewhere i'm missing that needs to be turn on for the android mail to actually retrieve the mail.

Any ideas guys?

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes..... There's a widget you need to install.

1) Go to a screen that you have space on.

2) Click the plus symbol in the bottom right corner.

3) Go to widget

4) Go to the "Power Control" widget.

5) Add the widget

6) Click the 4th icon on that widget that looks like a recycling.

7) hit the "Thanks" button

archenemy0

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!
I do have sync on. Though when I go into the settings/accounts & sync for what is being synced the following shows in the list:
background data (checked)
auto-sync (checked)

facebook (sync'ed)
google (sync'ed)
news (un-highlighted)
Stocks (un-highlighted)
weather (sync'ed)

I have tried to add account but the closest thing to email I see is exchange. I'm not using exchange. Can't figure out how to add email to this list.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
HTC mail client has some conflicting settings, but it seems that you have it set up properly as it retrieves when you open the client (that is a setting). There are peak and off peak delivery times that can be set, and days of the week that can be set, Makes sure that the polling frequency is set (e.g., 1 hour for both peak and off peak times. Also make sure that all days of the week are set fro mail delivery.
One last item, in notifications make sure all are set and that the sound is selected.
Do this with both of your accounts and you should be okay.