What I'd like to do is set it up so that the phone will require the dot pattern unlock after the phone has been idle for X amount of minutes but NOT require me to slide to unlock the screen.

I currently have Auto Lock installed but it still requires the slide to unlock screen everytime.
    07-27-2010 02:39 AM
    I know. I have the same issue. I think that there isnt a workaround for this yet. You can't get the lock pattern without have the lock slider. We may have to root to get this functionality.
    07-27-2010 05:10 AM
    I think there are a lot of people that are waiting for this to be possible - I sure am. I tried "No Lock", and that doesn't allow for this easier. This has got to be a possibility and I'm just waiting on an app developer to allow it.
    07-27-2010 05:29 AM
    i found the solution!

get "Lock Delay" Lock Delay - Android app on AppBrain

It does exactly what i'm looking for. Make sure No Lock is either enabled or removed. I uninstalled Auto Lock since Lock Delay is a similar app. Only downside is that after X amount of minutes, it'll wake the phone up and turn the display on. i don't like it because it seems like it wants to tell me something, but in this case it's "locking enabled" so i don't mind much.
    07-27-2010 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD