August 1st is almost here and no EVO on that day?

JacobMiW

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So... I checked with my local Best Buy's, a couple Sprint stores, and none of them expect to have the EVO in stock on August 1st, when I am eligible for a full upgrade. I wonder if Radio Shack has the same deal as Best Buy, but even then, I doubt they would be any good.

Anybody know of a better way to ensure I get an EVO as soon as Aug 1st?

AshtonG19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I was on HTCs website today and it said that they have EVOs in stock to purchase directly from HTC. I already have one, so I didn't look into it, but it might be worth a try.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Radio Shack has the same deal as Best Buy, but even then, I doubt they would be any good.

First off, get on the lists. You waited last minute and most likely will suffer for it. Just the way it goes there.

Second, what do you mean by that quote?

Radioshack has the same 199.99 out the door price, same phones as sprint or bestbuy.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Check with your local Sprint store

The one close by my house receives a daily shipment of Evo's.

That's how I was able to receive mines last week

Last edited:

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on launch day, but picked one up for a buddy last week at a Sprint store. The phone was being held for someone else, but the guy was three hours late!!

Have to pay the full $299 at the time and get the rebate! But he has an EVO now and he's happy! His first smartphone too!

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was at a Radio Shack (glendale, CA) last week and one of the sales people said he had never seen a customer with an EVO. They got them the day they came out and haven't had ANY since. The funny thing was he was so interested in seeing mine and I asked him why and he said he wanted one but couldn't get one.

Anyways, it seems to vary a lot by region and location. Apparently they're hard to get in SoCal right now. I haven't checked recently, but does Wirefly have them in stock? That's where I got mine. Terrible customer service (i mean really, the pits) but if you don't have any problems its pretty easy and they may be still offering bing cashback (got $50 per phone back, plus it was 189.99 and no tax/no rebate).

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Here in NYC I have called Sprint, Best Buy and Radio Shack, along with stopping off in some of the stores. It is the same wherever I go, "We have no phones in stock" "We do not know when we are getting a shipment" and "There is no wait list".

I was hoping to switch me and the wife this week but it looks like I will need to wait a few weeks until inventory gets back up.

Doc

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If there is no wait list that's a bad sign. HTC is really going to upset some of these phone companies if they can't keep up with demand. Is this all related to the lack of screens or does that only affect the AMOLED phones?

naps79

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
In RI there's a call list not so much a guaranteed thing still first come first serve but as soon as they come in, they call everyone on the list.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
They are sold out online at at stores. I just spoke to some CS reps today and the last shipment they received (for telesales) was back on July 5th and they aren't expecting any until at least Aug 1st-5th.

TwoSlo

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I guess I got lucky. I walked into bestbuy on Saturday (7/24) looking for an Evo, of course sold out. Went across the street to a Sprint store and was about to be put on the waiting list and it just so happened they had one on hold for another customer. Since I was there with the cash money.. I got the phone. :)

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Try a store in a less than desirable neighborhood store. People has less money to spend on a phone. I got mine at launch . Arrived 30 minutes before opening with only 8 other people in line .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995