- 12 Posts
Freezing, crashing, restarting
I suspect it's time for a new phone, but thought I'd ask...
I have an unrooted EVO4G (Android 2.3.5). In the past week or so, it's freezing up when I am doing doing something (almost anything, even just swiping to unlock the phone), and will then crash and restart (taking a long time each time it seems). I don't even have to be touching the phone and it restarts. Does this about 6-7 times per day. I did get an update and I had hoped that would help, but alas...it continues.
Am ready for a new phone but wanted to wait until I learn more about the S4. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for a trip and will need to do something now.
Thanks for any clues.
- 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM #2
- 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM #3
- 1,115 Posts
- WCX/1.5 GHz Illuminati x1
Re: Freezing, crashing, restarting
You're stock though, and say this problem happened recently, so maybe its a bad app.
Turn off your phone. Pull out the battery. Place it back in. Turn on phone normally. When you ser "HTC EVO 4G" appear on screen, hold down the Volume Down button until your phone vibrates twice. You'll boot into Safe Mode. From there, play with the phone, try to purposely crash it. If doing a bunch of processes does not cause it to freeze and crash, then its a bad app. If it somehow does crash, its a software issue.
TIP: You'll know you're in Safe Mode when you see "Safe Mode" in the bottom left-hand corner.
Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central ForumsFrom HTC Vivid WCX using Android Forums.
- By carguyjohn350 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2011, 01:40 PM
- By SWErdnase in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2011, 08:34 AM
- By BiGsMiLeSKyLe in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 4Last Post: 09-07-2011, 02:36 PM
- By mack in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:58 PM
- By tzoller in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2010, 05:52 PM