- 08-02-2010, 02:54 PM #726
- 2,287 Posts
About the only way to go back is to root and flash one of the custom 2.1 ROMs which are becoming very outdated since the 2.2 is out... they all ready have some customer 2.2 ROMs out there..
- 08-02-2010, 03:01 PM #727
- 2,287 Posts
- 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM #728
I did a backup right after I rooted just so I had a stock image that was untouched.
I just did a restore via rom manager to that image and then did the update. I actually did this due to battery problems with the roms i was using and then saw the leak later that night.
Im new to it too. i just spent hours on end reading all the posts related to this stuff so I had an idea what I was doing. If you flashed a rom and rooted already, doing this install is cake. Its no different then putting a modded rom on your phone. Just different results is all.
- 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM #729
- 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM #730
- 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM #731
- 08-02-2010, 07:45 PM #732
- 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM #733
- 08-02-2010, 08:18 PM #734
- 08-02-2010, 08:20 PM #735
- 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM #736
- 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM #737
- 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM #738
- 08-02-2010, 08:22 PM #739
- 08-02-2010, 09:01 PM #740
- 08-02-2010, 09:06 PM #741
- 08-02-2010, 09:28 PM #742
- 08-02-2010, 09:49 PM #743
I have it installed now. Took about 10 min. All my apps and settings are there. Shapewriter works! The phone can go from powerup in a FRACTION of the time it used to... like 45 seconds!! Flash really works! Of course, the first thing I did was to go into settings and turn plugins to "on demand", so it doesn't load flash crap automatically.
The only problem I have so far is that I can't launch the camera AT ALL. I removed the icon, added it, tried to launch it from the program list, tried rebooting, nothing. It just acts like it wants to start and then takes me back to the home screen
- 08-02-2010, 10:10 PM #744
Re: Evo 4G update to Froyo OFFICIAL August 3rd (OLD)
I was at Village Inn having dinner when I decdecided to check. Download took 15 minutes on their free WiFi.
Phone is very fast and no problems so far. Camera working perfect here.
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk
- 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM #745
- 08-02-2010, 11:50 PM #746
- 08-02-2010, 11:52 PM #747
- 08-03-2010, 01:19 PM #748
- 341 Posts
So the update everyone is getting now is the same .3 that we got a couple days ago the leaked one? Mine says there is no update so I am assuming the one everyone is getting is the same version?
I haven't had any problems and one flash site had no sound but others did so I think it was the site. My favorite thing well one of them and no one has really mentioned it is bluetooth voice dialing. I can now be in my car and push a button on my headset and say dial so and so number or call so and so. I had really been waiting for that. My Jawbone Icon works great. I know the phone turns both ways now longways but for video watching you still want it where you can put the kickstand down. I see where there is the dock under settings and it I know we have Car Panel now instead of Navigator and there is an option to have it auto open when docked. I am assuming that is with Sprints dock or do you think it's with any dock? I bought this other bean bag dock thing and mine sits on my dash but I haven't used it much.
I love 2.2 and am glad I got it the other day. Me and my friend both did it together and he hasn't had any problems neither. I have this Grocery IQ app and it forced closed a coupe times but it opens fine now. I had 13 updates yesterday. I have Dolphin but have been using the stock browser that came with the phone. Seems fast to me. I set my plugins for on demand too cause someone said it makes browser faster. I see where it says share applications thats new but I have bump. And then it shows a couple new profile and ringtone widgets but I saw those on 2.1 there was an options somewhere to get extra widgets. But so far I am happy with 2.2
- 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM #749
- 1 Posts
I don't get the red triangle and exclamation point!!! Help!
When I got the FROYO update, I tried to install, but it kept taking me to the HBOOT screen.
I've tried all the various tips for updating, including manual download and copy of the file to SD main directory and renaming file to update.zip.
When I follow the directions for HBOOT, I get to the recovery option, but the phone briefly shows the white HTC screen and just takes me back to the HBOOT screen.
I NEVER get the option to access the SD card and load update.zip.
Anyone have any ideas?
- 08-05-2010, 05:49 AM #750
I HAVE A FIX FOR INSTALLATION ABORTED EVO ANDROID 2.2 UPDATE! (manual)
your software version must be, 1.47.651.1 before you can flash the Froyo 2.2 rom! you cant be afraid to lose all your apps contacts ect.
1) so what i did was back up all my apps using astro. 2)then i went to this link (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service) to flash my current software to 1.32.651.1 by using the .exe provided in the link. my memory and all apps were cleared as i expected and wanted. 3) i then went to "system updates", and then "HTC software updates." 4)from there i proceeded to "check now" i found an update 1.32.651.6 so i downloaded and installed it. 5) when the phone booted again i checked for another software update, but the same software update showed up so i discarded it, 6) i then unchecked the "scheduled check box" and then again "checked now" this time the software update that showed up was 1.47.651.1, so once again i downloaded and installed the software.
7) here is the point where you need to manually flash froyo, because when i got to this point (1.47.651.1) my phone was "fully up to date". 8) so everyone make sure that you have the official Froyo 2.2 on the root of your sd card named "update" 9) from here do as you would before. boot into recovery and install update.zip from the sd card and let it do its thing!
this worked for me! i worked all night for this and froyo was worth it!