Evo 4G update to Froyo OFFICIAL August 3rd (OLD)

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
"I'm picking up on your sarcasm."

ahahahaha. just sayin this is easily found if someone read any of these posts.
Now I will say I reverted mine back to the stock rom before I did mine. I dont know what it would do if on a custom rom, but any of the problems that happened, I can assume they were on a modded rom.

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Yea that PM Performance guy is a regular comedian. No i didnt read through it all there are a million pages.. But thanks for anserwing me lol

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
ahahahaha. just sayin this is easily found if someone read any of these posts.
Now I will say I reverted mine back to the stock rom before I did mine. I dont know what it would do if on a custom rom, but any of the problems that happened, I can assume they were on a modded rom.

Ooooo u see thats more of the answer i was looking for.. Not like ur 1st smart remark buddy lol lol.. But im new to this.. How do i revert back to the stock rom??

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any reports of a bricked phone on this update, not ONE. And I've read just about every single word on the forum about it...... I could have missed something recently, but as far as I've read, you will just lose ROOT. I'd recommend reverting back using the methods that have been explained, and then updating, because I personally believe some of the complaints are coming from TWEAKERS (ie, those who have jacked with their systems)

Thanks.. Do you happen to know how i revert back.. I see you say methods have been explained but could u just tell me how to do it real quick. Dont wanna go digging thru this thread lol

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.. Do you happen to know how i revert back.. I see you say methods have been explained but could u just tell me how to do it real quick. Dont wanna go digging thru this thread lol

As of right now there is no way to revert back to 2.1.... If you updated to 2.2 your stuck with it bugs and all....

About the only way to go back is to root and flash one of the custom 2.1 ROM's which are becoming very outdated since the 2.2 is out... they all ready have some customer 2.2 ROM's out there..

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ooooo u see thats more of the answer i was looking for.. Not like ur 1st smart remark buddy lol lol.. But im new to this.. How do i revert back to the stock rom??

That kinda depends. . . .
I did a backup right after I rooted just so I had a stock image that was untouched.
I just did a restore via rom manager to that image and then did the update. I actually did this due to battery problems with the roms i was using and then saw the leak later that night.

Im new to it too. i just spent hours on end reading all the posts related to this stuff so I had an idea what I was doing. If you flashed a rom and rooted already, doing this install is cake. Its no different then putting a modded rom on your phone. Just different results is all.

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any reports of a bricked phone on this update, not ONE. And I've read just about every single word on the forum about it...... I could have missed something recently, but as far as I've read, you will just lose ROOT. I'd recommend reverting back using the methods that have been explained, and then updating, because I personally believe some of the complaints are coming from TWEAKERS (ie, those who have jacked with their systems)

That kinda depends. . . .
I did a backup right after I rooted just so I had a stock image that was untouched.
I just did a restore via rom manager to that image and then did the update. I actually did this due to battery problems with the roms i was using and then saw the leak later that night.

Im new to it too. i just spent hours on end reading all the posts related to this stuff so I had an idea what I was doing. If you flashed a rom and rooted already, doing this install is cake. Its no different then putting a modded rom on your phone. Just different results is all.

I didnt put any ROM's on it.. Only thing i did was go to unrevoked.com and downloaded the root.. Then i downloaded the overclock widget.. i only rooted because someone told me about overclocking preserving battery life and that i could do wifi tethering.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
well then you are on the stock rom and safe. . . or at least safer IMO then having a non stock rom.
So wait for the update tommorow or take the chance to do the unofficial one now.

Your choice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781