Evo 4G update to Froyo OFFICIAL August 3rd (OLD)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have it installed now. Took about 10 min. All my apps and settings are there. Shapewriter works! The phone can go from powerup in a FRACTION of the time it used to... like 45 seconds!! Flash really works! Of course, the first thing I did was to go into settings and turn plugins to "on demand", so it doesn't load flash crap automatically.

The only problem I have so far is that I can't launch the camera AT ALL. I removed the icon, added it, tried to launch it from the program list, tried rebooting, nothing. It just acts like it wants to start and then takes me back to the home screen :(

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was at Village Inn having dinner when I decdecided to check. Download took 15 minutes on their free WiFi.

Phone is very fast and no problems so far. Camera working perfect here.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I have so far is that I can't launch the camera AT ALL. I removed the icon, added it, tried to launch it from the program list, tried rebooting, nothing. It just acts like it wants to start and then takes me back to the home screen :(

Solved- if you have LED Light app installed, remove it. Camera works again!

drewdigital7

May 13, 2010
Visit site
am i crazy to ask but WHY DOES THIS FROYO THINGY REALLY MATTER... just for more speed... right? the new options r wack.. i'm on LauncherPro... will it still work?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So the update everyone is getting now is the same .3 that we got a couple days ago the leaked one? Mine says there is no update so I am assuming the one everyone is getting is the same version?

I haven't had any problems and one flash site had no sound but others did so I think it was the site. My favorite thing well one of them and no one has really mentioned it is bluetooth voice dialing. I can now be in my car and push a button on my headset and say dial so and so number or call so and so. I had really been waiting for that. My Jawbone Icon works great. I know the phone turns both ways now longways but for video watching you still want it where you can put the kickstand down. I see where there is the dock under settings and it I know we have Car Panel now instead of Navigator and there is an option to have it auto open when docked. I am assuming that is with Sprints dock or do you think it's with any dock? I bought this other bean bag dock thing and mine sits on my dash but I haven't used it much.

I love 2.2 and am glad I got it the other day. Me and my friend both did it together and he hasn't had any problems neither. I have this Grocery IQ app and it forced closed a coupe times but it opens fine now. I had 13 updates yesterday. I have Dolphin but have been using the stock browser that came with the phone. Seems fast to me. I set my plugins for on demand too cause someone said it makes browser faster. I see where it says share applications thats new but I have bump. And then it shows a couple new profile and ringtone widgets but I saw those on 2.1 there was an options somewhere to get extra widgets. But so far I am happy with 2.2

bpottjr

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't get the red triangle and exclamation point!!! Help!

1) Put zip on SD card. You can do this by connecting your phone to your computer through USB and then hitting the Charge function and changing it to Disk Drive. Then load the zip onto the main directory of your SD card. I renamed by file to "PCIMG36.zip" but I also had a copy of the file as "update.zip" as well, so I don't know which one is the right one.
2) Power off phone.
3) Hold Power button and Volume Up button at the same time.
4) Click Power, then Power again for Fastboot. It'll load stuff.
5) Scroll down (using the Volume Down) key to Recover. It'll bring up a picture of a phone with a red triangle and an exclaimation point. Hold down Volume Up and hit the Power button. Hit the "Update" option.

Last week I tried Unrevoked3 WITHOUT SUCCESS multiple times. Finally gave up.

When I got the FROYO update, I tried to install, but it kept taking me to the HBOOT screen.

I've tried all the various tips for updating, including manual download and copy of the file to SD main directory and renaming file to update.zip.

When I follow the directions for HBOOT, I get to the recovery option, but the phone briefly shows the white HTC screen and just takes me back to the HBOOT screen.

I NEVER get the option to access the SD card and load update.zip.

Anyone have any ideas?

Norelco

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I HAVE A FIX FOR INSTALLATION ABORTED EVO ANDROID 2.2 UPDATE! (manual)

your software version must be, 1.47.651.1 before you can flash the Froyo 2.2 rom! you cant be afraid to lose all your apps contacts ect.

1) so what i did was back up all my apps using astro. 2)then i went to this link (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service) to flash my current software to 1.32.651.1 by using the .exe provided in the link. my memory and all apps were cleared as i expected and wanted. 3) i then went to "system updates", and then "HTC software updates." 4)from there i proceeded to "check now" i found an update 1.32.651.6 so i downloaded and installed it. 5) when the phone booted again i checked for another software update, but the same software update showed up so i discarded it, 6) i then unchecked the "scheduled check box" and then again "checked now" this time the software update that showed up was 1.47.651.1, so once again i downloaded and installed the software.

7) here is the point where you need to manually flash froyo, because when i got to this point (1.47.651.1) my phone was "fully up to date". 8) so everyone make sure that you have the official Froyo 2.2 on the root of your sd card named "update" 9) from here do as you would before. boot into recovery and install update.zip from the sd card and let it do its thing!

this worked for me! i worked all night for this and froyo was worth it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781