Must Have Apps...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshw9805

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, So i just made the switch from the Sprint Palm Pre to the EVO and I am highly impressed, I was able to root the phone today as soon as I got it, I was also able to install the free tether app, and tethering right now as I type this, but for all those Android Nuts out there, this question is for you. What are the MUST HAVE apps.

Thanks in adv.

webby_s#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Other then my toddler daughter who killed my Palm Pre and "made" me switch to the Evo. I would say if you have the Evo and a SlingBox.... Get the sling app. Love it.

It sounds like you "rooted" the Palm Pre like myself, then I would say one of thing first widgets you need that I HAD to have was a battery percentage widget. I hate not knowing what the battery % is and wish there was a way to replace to icon in the top right like the Pre.

I will admit I miss WebOS and the Pre. I miss the cards and being able to kill the app by throwing it up. So the next thing I found out was about a task killer. Why is it so hard to just kill an app. Get rid of a memory hog. Like the sling app. Granted with the sling app I think there is a way through menu to "kill" it but that's too many button presses.

Also the back gesture on the Pre I sure do miss. Or just the whole gesture area on the bottom all together. That is ingenious.

But overall. I would take the Evo over the Pre. Any day!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The general consensus is you don't need task killers because of how then newer versions of Android handle memory, although some people still swear by them (see these Google results: are android task killers necessary - Google Search).

I quit using them and am very happy (no difference in battery life or performance and a much more stable phone that you don't have to constantly tweak to whitelist processes).

As for apps, there is only one app you need, which is "Hypnotoad To Go"

I am just kidding (although that app is awesome). There's an entire forum for apps here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/

And a thread for people's top 5, which is invaluable: http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/522-your-top-5-android-applications.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674