55.4fps on Evo with Froyo - confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
SWEET. Fps lock has been lifted. I'm getting 54.3 fps on Need for Speed. Everyone, upgrade immediately. Scrolling is also much much smoother with the faster framerates. All those who said 30fps was adequate were dead wrong.

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I followed these directions from the Spring Press release. downloads were just started about an hour ago:

"For those who just can't wait to get Android 2.2, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade. Customers can access the software update through their HTC EVO 4G under the Settings Menu System Updates HTC Software Update. This will initiate the three-step process also."

EVO 4G's Android 2.2 update starts trickling out tomorrow, loads of new features and fixes in store? (update: official for August 3rd!) -- Engadget

SMOOTH!

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
SWEET. Fps lock has been lifted. I'm getting 54.3 fps on Need for Speed. Everyone, upgrade immediately. Scrolling is also much much smoother with the faster framerates. All those who said 30fps was adequate were dead wrong.

well where the hell did you get need for speed?

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
When I connect an HDMI cable from the EVO to my HDTV, the framerate goes back down to 28.5fps. Disconnect, and the EVO freezes for a few seconds, and the framerate goes back up!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just wait it out... People get updates at different times because updates generally roll out.

Be patient.
And yes, unlocking 30fps makes a BIG difference. Let's hope this guy is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown