What a difference a ROM can make.

mosley04

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the whole rooting and custom rom thing, at least on android. I recently put on CM6 and added back a few google apps and the apps I had before so the phone is not loaded to bad. I decided to try Asphalt 5 again since it runs like crap on the stock rom. I was suprised it was actually very playable. A few hitches here and there but otherwise pretty smooth. I assumed it was because of the FPS fix plus the fact there is almost nothing running in the background. I don't think it will ever play as smooth as the Galaxy S are capable of but at least I know it might be worth buying now. Anyone else notice this?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's not bad timing on flashing CM6... as it can be updated once Froyo comes out to be more stable... I mean, we did get Froyo first.

Also, I think Gameloft fixed a lot of games that used to lag.
Nova runs great, Let's Golf runs great, among other games.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not bad timing on flashing CM6... as it can be updated once Froyo comes out to be more stable... I mean, we did get Froyo first.

Also, I think Gameloft fixed a lot of games that used to lag.
Nova runs great, Let's Golf runs great, among other games.

Never tried those other games, but I don't any lag on Let's Golf. It's a ****ing golf game for crying out loud.

mosley04

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Asphalt was barely playable on the stock 2.1. I'm sure you've seen the videos of it on the Captivate or the Vibrant. I think it's because of the all the programs running in the background that slows it down because the gpu is capable of playing the game well. And of course the FPS problem doesn't help racing games either.

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey. Lets golf is pretty freaking awesome. I live that game. Itsa great Time killer

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, Raging Thunder II doesn't lag... and in my opinion, it looks better than Asphalt 5.
Exzeus Arcade doesn't lag... and it has the best graphics I think Android has ever seen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haileyroyer67