Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Browser issues with froyo... maybe flash related?

If I leave set enable plugins to always on sites like crackberry and Android Central will take forever to load and then force close and revert to the home screen. If I set it to on demand it works fine. Anyone know what the deal is?

I'm having this happen to me too. Can't figure it out, it has to be related to flash somehow because its only on site that have flash elements

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Not the official release. Good luck.

It's definitely Flash.

Kind of a Catch-22 as non-flash sites load up much more quickly now.

if it's not the official release, it's pretty darn close to it. what can they possibly change in 3 days?

in camcorder mode, you also have 3 file formats you can record videos in now.

also, when you hold and press the Home button, the app switcher menu is also changed to a black faded look.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Maybe because I see com.htcflashliteplugin in the app list. maybe there is a conflict?

next, when you press the power button from sleep state of your evo. the bottom cap. buttons light up immediately (before the screen lights up).

Using Dolphin HD I can't get the status bar to go away. Maybe the app needs an update to get the full screen mode working again.

Okay, the way to fix the issue, and I hate to say it, is a factory reset. But its that or flashing a new ROM it seems

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Does flash work with DolphinHD?

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG 2.56/Freedom 0.9

Not getting this error and i'm on the Froyo build... ??
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Maybe because I had installed the full flash .apk that was leaked a few weeks back?

Quote Originally Posted by gigadigit View Post
    Does flash work with DolphinHD?
    Yep. Videos are nice and smooth now where they were choppy with Flash Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy m View Post
    Maybe because I had installed the full flash .apk that was leaked a few weeks back?
    that's what i had and a factory reset fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    in camcorder mode, you also have 3 file formats you can record videos in now.
    Have you noticed which has better quality??

Friendstream is working for me again...

yeah having stock browser issues too.. anybody find a fix for this?

Yea the official OTA is tuesday what are they gonna change between now and then and not only that if this isn't the "official update" then how come those of us who aren't rooted downloaded and flashed this update? I was under the impression that to flash any kind of rom or anything that wasn't from sprint or HTC that you would have to be rooted.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Believe its related to if you installed the Flash 10.1 for 2.1 build that got leaked a month and a half ago... I'm having the same problem.. Stock browser crashes on any flash site..

My dolphin hd is crashing too.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Some on xda-dev say the fix is a factory reset..

Trying to figure out if that wipes my personal data.. Or if a backup is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnyblze2000 View Post
    Yea the official OTA is tuesday what are they gonna change between now and then and not only that if this isn't the "official update" then how come those of us who aren't rooted downloaded and flashed this update? I was under the impression that to flash any kind of rom or anything that wasn't from sprint or HTC that you would have to be rooted.
    Because this IS an official update you installed. It's direct from HTC. It's just a leaked version. So of course it will install without being rooted, cause its a legit update.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

If your browser is crashing you can go into the browser SETTINGS menu, then click ENABLE PLUGINS- then set this to OFF. This will halt the flash processes and allow you to browse without Flash and without the browser crashing. If you want to wait till the 3rd to see if that fixes your problem this might help your survive till then. Otherwise a factory reset is the way to go and you WILL lose all your data, pics unless you store them on the memory card and remove it during factory reset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast