Gasp! A Google webpage (not maps) that crashes the browser - help!

Juice#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
When I try to go to this webpage: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal my evo freezes up to the point where none of my touch buttons work or the physical button on the top respond. Once they do finally respond 1-2 minutes after pressing them, the browser crashes and I'm returned to the main screen with an error that says something along the lines of "htc.something.something.process could not be loaded. would you like to force close?".

What really bugs me is that a google page that iphone4 can load and use flawlessly, crashes a google phone, but not an apple phone.

I assume many of you don't use this webpage, but if you could test it out and report back your results, you have no idea how much I'd appreciate it.

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it with my EVO, and it worked... But I did the manual Froyo update, so maybe that mattered. I had a "loading"box for about a minute, thought it was going to crash, but then I got a security box asking me to type a word. That is as far as I went. Hope that helps...

Ken

Juice#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it with my EVO, and it worked... But I did the manual Froyo update, so maybe that mattered. I had a "loading"box for about a minute, thought it was going to crash, but then I got a security box asking me to type a word. That is as far as I went. Hope that helps...

Ken

Thanks for trying it out jpdaballa and Ken. If its not too much trouble, after inputting the captcha, try typing in any word of your choice into the text box titled "word or phrase" and then press the "search" button below it. This is where it started to crash on me. I'd love to hear your results after doing this, I really hope its just my phone and not all Evo's that crash when using this page.

PS are you guys using Froyo from the new 2.2 update that Sprint just announced or are you rooted and already had Froyo long before today?

Thanks again!

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just tried on my evo searched for rocky and rocky balboa, rocky and some other results came up

I'm using sprints official froyo build not rooted

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Juice#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Evo running CM6 loaded just fine, but my answer may not be the one u were looking for.

Hey SanGo,

If its not too much trouble, after inputting the captcha that appears after you load the page, try typing in any word of your choice into the text box titled "word or phrase" and then press the "search" button below it. This is where it started to crash on me. I'd love to hear your results after doing this, I really hope its just my phone and not all Evo's that crash when using this page.

PS are you using Froyo from the new 2.2 update that Sprint just announced or are you using 2.1 still? Are you rooted?

Also how long did it take you load that page? It takes way too long when I try to load it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol