1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with Market and paid apps after 2.2 upgrade

After upgrading to 2.2, paid apps just say "authorizing purchase" and never download. Free apps work perfectly fine. I downloaded a couple of paid apps right before i upgraded the phone so i know it's not just my bank denying the purchase. I've been trying to download Beautiful Widgets all night and it wont download. I tried a few other $.99 apps and nothing works. Then if i cancel the download, it doesn't give me the option to refund. Anyone else having this problem?

This has always happened to me and I don't have 2.2. The app download usually goes through if you just let it sit authorizing. It's a problem that has existed for a while.

I had that problem when I used American Express. Visa or Mastercard work better.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Delete the app. You should be able to reinstall after that.

No problems here purchasing apps with Froyo installed. I am seeing a battery drain though which I hope goes away.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've deleted and retried it multiple times. My card is a MasterCard and I never had the problem until upgrading to Froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    No problems here purchasing apps with Froyo installed. I am seeing a battery drain though which I hope goes away.
    I had a SEVERE battery drain when I updated. I went to bed with 85% battery and woke up 6 hours later and the phone was dead. Using systempanel I was able to figure out which system process was causing the problem. I did a factory reset and now all is well. I now have no issues whatsoever with this update.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm nightlies

a the app issue should be fixed on the 3rd when Google adds evo to the froyo list once it officially launches, that was posted in one of the threads on xda

I still cant purchase apps.. I get all the way to the cedit card screen and enter my info, Then it says cant connect.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    I still cant purchase apps.. I get all the way to the cedit card screen and enter my info, Then it says cant connect.
    I had that problem using American Express. Visa works better.