How to update 2.2 easy

frankie945

May 21, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else is out there wondering how to get the update early. Great instructions that worked the first time for me. I did find the easiest way with no problems is to plug the EVo into your home PC and Copy and paste the download update.zip that you downloaded from the link below. I used firefox and make sure when you click download you also click save so you will be able to transfer it over easy to the EVo.

Copied and pasted this...

1. Download the file from the link given. Once downloaded, use a file mover to copy file to SD card and rename to update.zip

2. Shutdown Phone - hold the power button, select SHUT DOWN
3. Hold Down Power and Volume Down button
4. Wait for screen to to load up and it to do it's searching for file thing.
- at this point a screen will come up with three little Androids at the bottom and 4 options.
5. You need to use the volume button to rock down to RECOVERY. For those of you who don't read, like me.
6. Once you get to picture of phone with red exclamation mark hold Volume Up and then press Power.
7. At this point, I had a black screen with 4 options. I believe the actual text said "recover from update.zip"
8. Currently I am at this stage and the screen is black with bright yellow text starting with "--Install from sdcard.
Reboot via menu to complete installation.
After I did this, I got this message:

Writing zip image...
(approx 2 minutes)

Now I have a screen with two green arrows in a circle and a downward arrow above an image of the device which has shown up and gone black several times.
(approx 5 minutes)

HTC EVO 4G reboot screen - several times
(approx 1-2 minutes)

Link to Update 2.2

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
At step 7 I get. " E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

In regard to the downloaded file should I unzip it first? Or place it directly on the sd card after downloading? ( I tried both ways and no luck)

FYI " the exact text in question is "apply sdcard:update.zip" for pawnstar.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Look's like I got it working. I right clicked on the file went to properties then detail's noticed that the file name was UPDATE.ZIP.ZIP. So i renamed the file UPDATE with no ZIP. Placed the file on the SD card, didn't put it in any folder. Phone is updating at the momen. Look's like my phone just finished!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
10min OTA FROYO Install (15 at the most )

Maybe this will help ... The link Below has detailed EASY EASY 10 min install 9( USING ONLY YOUR PHONE )including pics of what your screen should look like each step of the way ... Also includes live links to the latest .3 build ... This is the method I used that went as smoth as a dolphins skins ( thats damn smooth )... Hope this helps.

How to manually apply Android 2.2 update (3.26.651.3) to HTC EVO 4G

bluephi1914

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Should I do the 1.47.651.1 OTA update before updating to Froyo or does it really matter ?

I updated my EVO, but my wife has not downloaded that update.