1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I go back to 2.1?

Guess there is no way to go back to 2.1 is there? I find this 2.2 to be a total waste and now I can't use my unrevoked hotspot capability.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

/Facepalm

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by californiajay View Post
    Guess there is no way to go back to 2.1 is there? I find this 2.2 to be a total waste and now I can't use my unrevoked hotspot capability.
    This is why when people tell you NOT to do something, you should consider actually listening to them.

Now you get to wait until someone finds a way to root the Sprint update, if it can be rooted.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

I looooove this 2.2 update u must b looking at something different cause all this goodies that I have I didn't have bfore

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    /Facepalm
    /thread

Default Re: Can I go back to 2.1?

Has has ha ha I did it last time, never again! I got my root back and will never do another OTA!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Don't mess with me, I haven't had my Tratonin yet.

yea, not to kick the original poster when he is down.

But how do you miss all the "you will lose root" post everywhere for this update?

Or not realize that every new software version that comes out breaks root and you have to wait for it to be hacked.

** To the OP **

Instead or trying to roll back. I'd just hold off. Everyone will be getting the update in the next week, and unrevoked is pretty damn quick with his fixes.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I knew I'd lose root. It's not really that important to me, I can wait. It's just that I don't see much advantage to froyo after using it for a day so I asked just to be sure there is no way to go back.

Given a choice ... froyo or or having the hotspot through root, after a day with froyo, I think I would prefer the hotspot. Again I just wanted to know if it's possible. If not, I can wait. I know it will come sooner or later. It's not that big a deal as I can use PDAnet if I have to in the meantime.