Frustrated that you can't find an Evo for sale?

dallen13

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Availability

At my local sprint store, I was told that EVOs were out of stock and was put on a waiting list. (I was told they had "no idea" when they might be available again.) On Sprint's website though, when you navigate to the EVO, it doesn't say anything about being out of stock and looks like you can order it. Does anyone know whether an online order comes through or just puts you on a different waiting list?
Thanks!

Jeff80

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You should order it online. That's what I did, and there was no waiting list at all. I got the Evo in a couple of days. Hurry before it goes out of stock again! :p

dallen13

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
great! thanks for the reply! it's weird that the sprint stores are using waiting lists like that but ill definitely go ahead and order online

Jeff80

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I checked Radioshack first and they wanted a $50 deposit. Why wait when it's available online. The only drawback of ordering thru the sprint site was the mail in rebate. Best buy and Radioshack are all instant rebates. It's all good, as long as u get the phone right?

pezdukie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I just ordered an Evo online just a few minutes before midnight - so thankfully next year my upgrade discount will be on June 1st and not July 1st.

I had to return my Evo to Best Buy because it wasn't working and it had already been two weeks without them getting me a replacement. Today I finally just decided to return it within the 30-day window and order a new one.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Availability

Yea, when the stores say "out of stock, " they mean the store itself. Not the website.

You got lucky because the online store was out of stock a couple of days ago. I saw a message up there just yesterday that they were getting more in.

--
Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone have to be activated when you buy one at best buy or radio shack? I bought my evo without a contract but want to buy one for my wife when my upgrade credit is available at the end of july. Her's isn't due for another year. I know i can just swap later but that's a hassle. If not ill just order online or through telesales so they can just ship it to me unactivated.

lnchbx13

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
You could try wirefly.com I don't know if they will get more in stock soon or not, but they had them for 169 or 189 on launch day. and they ship out fast too...

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered Tuesday night at 9:30 ET (direct from Sprint) and mine is coming today. Seems like a lot of folks are even getting next day shipping from Sprint. Do it now before they are gone!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I ordered Tuesday night at 9:30 ET (direct from Sprint) and mine is coming today. Seems like a lot of folks are even getting next day shipping from Sprint. Do it now before they are gone!

Yeah, the Sprint site has going back and forth between out of stock and in stock.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered another from the website since no one locally has one. The stores will put you on a waiting list and eventually call you but they have no idea how long it will take.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Stores are going to call New Lines first then start on upgrades, so i would order online if possible. Some people report going in to a store and telling a sales rep "look you can wait for a possible sale to come in or you can sell me one now" and magically one appears lol.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Sprint website is showing out of stock again.

When I ordered mine through Sprint (so I can charge it to my account) I ordered it on a Saturday, and by the following Monday morning I had it in my hands.

Drifter

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Sprint website is showing out of stock again.

When I ordered mine through Sprint (so I can charge it to my account) I ordered it on a Saturday, and by the following Monday morning I had it in my hands.

Wow that was fast. Hope my order from last night goes through.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Sprint's good with shipping like that, always quick (at least in my experience).

doxed#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I was on two local waiting lists until last Saturday. One was around 40 people the other was around 60 people. Both stores would get varying shipments in throughout the week. Sometimes 2 sometimes 8 so the list wasn't moving too fast. Called a few Best Buy stores and on the 2nd call they had a few available. Had them hold one and went right in to buy it too. No rebate to worry about either which is nice.

emaster101

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would start making more of theses!!! ARRRGGG lol I'm on an employee (advantage club) line and I have to wait until they allow us to order them. Were allowed to order them when they get them in stock and the stock stays high. We were told on June 4th that we could order one sometime in mid July but now we are being told the end of July!! HTC is fired.....lol

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Since my plans for upgrading change every 35 seconds I'm gonna call my local Best Buy when I'm ready to buy to see if they have it available.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Availability

This appears to be the "Summer of the Smartphone." Verizon is out of Droid Incredibles, Sprint is out of EVOs, and Apple is out of iPhones.

Great year to be a Smartphone supplier.

--
Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

flyr29

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Stores around me locally have been saying they won't get any new shipments as far as 3 weeks out for one store. Ordered online at 12pm ET, just looked online again at 120pm and they are out of stock online.

Think this phone is popular or something?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech