Camera not working after leaked HTC Froyo update

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Tried to dig all the Froyo update threads, but no luck.

My camera does not work, stock camera app, Vignette, Barcode Scanner, all not working.

I powered off and turned back on, no luck.

I pulled battery and turned back on, no luck.

How can I get my camera back working? Everything is working fine, even Swype after uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried to dig all the Froyo update threads, but no luck.

My camera does not work, stock camera app, Vignette, Barcode Scanner, all not working.

I powered off and turned back on, no luck.

I pulled battery and turned back on, no luck.

How can I get my camera back working? Everything is working fine, even Swype after uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks

I have seen people say a factory reset fixes camera and flash problems in the browser..... You will lose every thing not backed up and not on the SD card but it might help...

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
This is why people should really wait for final builds...HTC specifically said this build could cause problems...too many people with Froyo hardons. I know it's exciting, but wait for final builds.

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
hardware version 0002

ugh. factory reset? now i have to back up, which i dont know how so i have to go dig for that now :(

anyway to flash back to 2.1?

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you were running LED flash from the market, uninstall it. That has caused camera problems.
Also some have mentioned that using the flashlight app included in 2.2 caused thier camera to start working again. (just using it to turn on and off the flash.)

For others it just kind of fixed itself after a while with them doing nothing.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you were running LED flash from the market, uninstall it. That has caused camera problems.
Also some have mentioned that using the flashlight app included in 2.2 caused thier camera to start working again. (just using it to turn on and off the flash.)

For others it just kind of fixed itself after a while with them doing nothing.

No need to uninstall it. Just turn it on and off once.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
hardware version 0002

ugh. factory reset? now i have to back up, which i dont know how so i have to go dig for that now :(

anyway to flash back to 2.1?

Sucks but it has helped a lot of people..... I had horrible battery life at one point with my EVO and a factory reset cleared it up... Lost every thing but oh well just part of it... Looks around and find a good way to back up your stuff... All your contacts should be saved via your gmail account and Facebook/Twitter is just a quick sign in to get you going.

Since I updated to the unofficial 2.2 on Friday night I have had no real problems to report. My camera works great, Flash was a little choppy at first but after a few hours it smoothed out and now works like a champ. I hear people complaining about gmail sync but I don't use gmail as my main e-mail client.... I have had AOL since 1995 and still use the same e-mail address since... I only have a gmail account because the Google services request it so I set one up just for Android and backing up my contacts and calenders...

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd used the camera after updating and it was fine, but yesterday afternoon, it had failed. It didn't open from any icon or app (Google Shopper) that needed it. I thought it was because it had taken a scary tumble the night before. Then, after watching some streaming Flash video, I tried the camera and it worked and still does. I don't think I'd tried the Flashlight, but after reading this thread, I've uninstalled LED Light since it's now redundant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante