1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Default Camera not working after leaked HTC Froyo update

Tried to dig all the Froyo update threads, but no luck.

My camera does not work, stock camera app, Vignette, Barcode Scanner, all not working.

I powered off and turned back on, no luck.

I pulled battery and turned back on, no luck.

How can I get my camera back working? Everything is working fine, even Swype after uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks

That's weird a reboot didn't fix it.mine did this and reboot clears it right up. which build you on?

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

I'm curious to what's your build number

Quote Originally Posted by limitproof View Post
    Tried to dig all the Froyo update threads, but no luck.

My camera does not work, stock camera app, Vignette, Barcode Scanner, all not working.

I powered off and turned back on, no luck.

I pulled battery and turned back on, no luck.

How can I get my camera back working? Everything is working fine, even Swype after uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks
    I have seen people say a factory reset fixes camera and flash problems in the browser..... You will lose every thing not backed up and not on the SD card but it might help...

This is why people should really wait for final builds...HTC specifically said this build could cause problems...too many people with Froyo hardons. I know it's exciting, but wait for final builds.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

hardware version 0002

ugh. factory reset? now i have to back up, which i dont know how so i have to go dig for that now

anyway to flash back to 2.1?

I had to factory reset to fix my camera too

If you were running LED flash from the market, uninstall it. That has caused camera problems.
    Also some have mentioned that using the flashlight app included in 2.2 caused thier camera to start working again. (just using it to turn on and off the flash.)

For others it just kind of fixed itself after a while with them doing nothing.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

My camera works just fine after Froyo. Weird.

Mine works just fine as well after the Friday update. I think it was. Maybe it was Saturday. lol I don't remmeber

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Default Re: Camera not working after leaked HTC Froyo update

Quote Originally Posted by Lorak View Post
    If you were running LED flash from the market, uninstall it. That has caused camera problems.
    Also some have mentioned that using the flashlight app included in 2.2 caused thier camera to start working again. (just using it to turn on and off the flash.)

For others it just kind of fixed itself after a while with them doing nothing.
    No need to uninstall it. Just turn it on and off once.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Thumbs up

The flashlight trick worked! Thx guys

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by limitproof View Post
    hardware version 0002

ugh. factory reset? now i have to back up, which i dont know how so i have to go dig for that now

anyway to flash back to 2.1?
    Sucks but it has helped a lot of people..... I had horrible battery life at one point with my EVO and a factory reset cleared it up... Lost every thing but oh well just part of it... Looks around and find a good way to back up your stuff... All your contacts should be saved via your gmail account and Facebook/Twitter is just a quick sign in to get you going.

Since I updated to the unofficial 2.2 on Friday night I have had no real problems to report. My camera works great, Flash was a little choppy at first but after a few hours it smoothed out and now works like a champ. I hear people complaining about gmail sync but I don't use gmail as my main e-mail client.... I have had AOL since 1995 and still use the same e-mail address since... I only have a gmail account because the Google services request it so I set one up just for Android and backing up my contacts and calenders...

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'd used the camera after updating and it was fine, but yesterday afternoon, it had failed. It didn't open from any icon or app (Google Shopper) that needed it. I thought it was because it had taken a scary tumble the night before. Then, after watching some streaming Flash video, I tried the camera and it worked and still does. I don't think I'd tried the Flashlight, but after reading this thread, I've uninstalled LED Light since it's now redundant.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

camera still not working. any other suggestions. also, gallery isnot recognizing pics and videos in their folders.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

This thread is dead, its from before be had official froyo LOL

Look at the dates.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"