Possible to disable Sense in 2.2 Update ?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No. You can not disable Sense on any official Evo software. Never could.

You can run other home replacements on top of Sense, but not disable it.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
No. You can not disable Sense on any official Evo software. Never could.

You can run other home replacements on top of Sense, but not disable it.

Yes you could. When the EVO came out you could disable sense. Ver 1.47 wouldn't let you do it anymore but the leaked versions that popped up you can disable sense again.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes you could. When the EVO came out you could disable sense. Ver 1.47 wouldn't let you do it anymore but the leaked versions that popped up you can disable sense again.

You could not disable Sense in its entirety. While you may have been able to disable the Sense home screen, Sense was still running in other areas.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I never understood this myself either.
Mostly because I couldn't find a single option for it.

And Sense runs THROUGHOUT the phone. It's not like a home replacer like ADW/LauncherPro...
I doubt HTC would give you an option to go vanilla.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
a112543d.png

76fd44ab.png

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You could not disable Sense in its entirety. While you may have been able to disable the Sense home screen, Sense was still running in other areas.

Well I did not know it ran in the background. Thanks for clarifying.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Not only is there not a way to go completely vanilla but I believe HTC disables the ability to at least go with the stock android launcher. Which makes me sad because I would like that and the Froyo unlock screen to be at least an option.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Not only is there not a way to go completely vanilla but I believe HTC disables the ability to at least go with the stock android launcher. Which makes me sad because I would like that and the Froyo unlock screen to be at least an option.

Look at my screen shots above. I just took earlier. And you can get the Vanilla lock screen. Just uninstall the htclockscreen.apk I did with titanium and my lock screen is now the Vanilla lock screen. Back it up before uninstalling.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Look at my screen shots above. I just took earlier. And you can get the Vanilla lock screen. Just uninstall the htclockscreen.apk I did with titanium and my lock screen is now the Vanilla lock screen. Back it up before uninstalling.

How did you pull off the stock launcher?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
How did you pull off the stock launcher?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>HTC Sense. Clear defaults and then Force Stop. Press your home button and you will get to 2 launcher options. HTC sense and Launcher.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I can get the stock launcher..like above...but the phone icon won't launch the phone app....any ideas...

Yeah that's a know issue right now. Hopefully when the official release from Sprint gets pushed out it will be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante