official HTC Tweet

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got this on Twitter. "If you applied the unofficial EVO update, we are working to get you back on the official track. We will get back to you in the coming days."

So I guess maybe installing THAT version of 2.2 was not the best idea?

ParaGod

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Whatever. I applied the unofficial official update and have had zero issues. The only thing that would piss me off is if the official official update had an FPS fix, but even then HTC just said that they will get us back on track so once again, whatever.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I saw that on Facebook. My Evo has been working like a champ since I've "updated" it. Actually, they could just put whatever they're releasing tomorrow on their servers again for us to get to. I think we know what to do from there =).

CrashPush

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
"If you applied the unofficial EVO update, we are working to get you back on the official track. We will get back to you in the coming days."

It just sounds like they would rather have everyone on the official update instead of the unofficial update. That's all. :D

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by Mikey47
I guess some will pay for having to have it 5 days early...

How so? Seems to me we made out pretty well.

Perhaps they will delay the implementation of updates to any phone with the "unofficial" version number. Maybe we will be sent to the back of the bus.

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am betting all will be fine. I'm there has been no harm done it is just a different version and I cant see it having any problem updating to whatever they release tomorrow.

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I read this as they are ensuring that the official version will apply over the unofficial version. This has been a concern of many of those who applied the unofficial version.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got this on Twitter. "If you applied the unofficial EVO update, we are working to get you back on the official track. We will get back to you in the coming days."

So I guess maybe installing THAT version of 2.2 was not the best idea?

This says and MEANS nothing more than we are UNOFFICIAL. There is nothing SCARY here. It simply states that if you applied the UNOFFICIAL update, they will have you back on the OFFICIAL track.

Nothing says, "If you applied the unofficial update, you're going to have a hell of a time with it, and we're sorry you screwed yourself, we hope to get you FIXED......" etc

Please don't read more into it than what it actually SAYS.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
^^^^ Yeah ... THAT !!! ^^^^

That post is from people who were to afraid to update and they want to be justified ... None here ... Ive been running the OFFICIAL (UNOFFICIAL) update since HTC themseves made it available ... It was ready to be pushed and they pushed it ... There has been no fatalities and right now I read that announcement simply as ... HTC is working to make the UNOFFICIAL update to the same number build as the OFFICIAL update ... .3 is probably 99% as OFFICIAL as the next release and nothing more will be added to make anyone see the difference.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it has to do with version numbers and that if they made last-minute tweaks to the package w/o incrementing the version number - yeah, that'd be silly to do - then when the genuine real deal OTA update goes out, those who jumped the gun wouldn't get the latest/greatest? Of course, if they'd just change the version number to a higher number (der) it wouldn't be an issue.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that when tomorrow rolls around those of that choose to hit the HTC update button will be updated to the OFFICIAL 2.2 version no matter what version we have.