Stereo Bluetooth w/ Froyo

markdinh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I updated to Froyo (3.26.651.3) on Friday and my biggest complaint (yeah, it's minor) with the Evo is gone! With the stock 2.1 build, I use to get periodic short pauses when streaming music over bluetooth to my car stereo. This happened intermittently with no rhyme or reason (I tried closing down all apps, rebooting, etc. Sometimes I would get no skips with lots of applications open and 30MBs free memory. While other times, I would get skips after a fresh reboot and all apps closed out via Taskkiller.)

Since updating on Friday, I haven't experienced any dropouts with the exception of a few quick pauses in Subsonic when it starts pre-caching/downloading songs OTA after a new song starts playing. This is fairly minor as it use to skip consistently pre-Froyo. I was pretty much on the road all day Saturday and half of Sunday, so I was thrilled with this improvement.

Anyhow, I hope this is good news for those waiting for the official Froyo release. I was going to post to the "What have you found in froyo?" or the "Bluetooth Issues - Need Help!" threads instead of starting a new thread, but thought a new thread was best. If a mod feels otherwise, by all means, merge this one into the other topics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463