Should I factory reset my unoffical 2.2 Evo to get the official update?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Would it work if I did this? I saved everything that I need to my SD Card and ill just removed it before I do the factory reset.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Won't matter if you factory reset you still can't get the update. HTC is working on getting us impatient people the update.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it will do any good. The software version number would still be the same I think that is how it determines if you need the update

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Im an update whore myself. Gotta have the latest and greatest. So even though there may be no difference i would like to upgrade from .3 to .6. Thanks.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
having both an EVO with .3 version and .6 version. Don't bother, nothing is diffrent.

That is what I figured would be the case.... A guy on the HTC EVO 4G Facebook page was saying one of the main differences was there were some blue tooth bugs in the .3 build that they fixed in the .6 build.

My EVO (with the .3 Build) is faster than it was on 2.1, it has a few bells and whistles but it's exactly what Google said it was.. a "MINOR" update... It cleaned up a few things added flash, icon's rotate in the camera app now (Woooo Hoooo) you get 270 degree rotation in most screens.... It's a nice upgrade... I saw a few people saying it was like having a new phone.... Not exactly but what ever.... two months old is pretty "NEW" to start with.. LOL....

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Im not really worried after reading everyone's problems with the 2.2 update who had unrevoked3 root installed. Im just gonna wait till the offical installation process for us preloaded 2.2 users.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney