Camera and Camcorder won't work after 2.2

Is your camera and camcorder working post 2.2?

• Total voters

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I had the problem that when I would go to my video library and tried to play a video it would say not playable and freeze. I uninstalled the LED widget and bingo and all is well.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody figured out what app will or can replace LED Light?
I have used LED Light a couple of times when shooting video at a short distance in low light and it worked great. Now there arent any programs that work with the LED light and video mode.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Duh. i figured it out. The top right hand corner has a flash option to keep the light on while filming video in low light.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine was acting up big time. Had to do 2 hard resets for it to finally work, even after uninstallling LED light and LED Desire app. The stock HTC camcorder and camera app are really slow and lags even while recording. When scrolling through video or picture files via the camcorder app's file search icon...reading the SD card is like molasses and it drains the battery like you wouldn't believe! I don't know if that's attributed to the phone having to read the SD card for the first time due to the hard reset.

What a pain this problem's been. It just started too...a couple days ago that I wanted to shoot a quick video of my daughter doing something really cute but was unable to due to the camcorder app freezing on me.

I had also noticed that right before it started to fail on me, when I'd try to view pics, old and new, the rendering was very blurry. It would vary as to the time when the picture would finally render correctly. Shortly thereafter is when the camcorder app really started to crap out on me.

Maybe I need to clear my SD card...probably too much on it and it strains the media reading capability of the phone...don't know. I do have tons of pics and videos in it.

FWIW, my internal phone storage available space is 378MB. What does that denote? Is that good...bad?

Last edited:

FicTioN

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue with video only on my Evo, the picture mode is working flawlessly. I noticed it today while trying to capture a video of my daughter while we were out on the boat. It loaded just fine and when I clicked on record everything on the screen disappeared except the record button. There was no option to stop and pressing the back, home and menu buttons did nothing. I never noticed this before but this is the first time i've used the video recorder since the update to Froyo. I do not have and never had any led light apps installed (aside from new led flashlight app added by HTC).I also noticed when I finally got back to the home screen my phone was running slow and about and hour later the phone was really hot. I did a reboot and a hard reset but the issue is still there. Any help or ideas on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance