If I can't find an Evo, should I get an Epic?

it.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for Evos since launch but have not found any. I've called up all my local radio shacks, best buys, and sprint stores since the phone was launched but they are always out of stock. I'm really frustrated and I'm starting to consider the epic. I like the Evos bigger screen and the look of it but I like the epic's samoled screen. The epic doesn't look as stylish as the Evo and the build quality also looks questionable. I game occasionally on phones but not constantly. I use youtube a lot and I love the Evo's kickstand. A hardware keyboard isn't a must for me but it is good to have options. My tv isn't dlna compatible so I couldn't use that feature. I hate touchwiz but I could probably load custom roms on. Pocketability isn't an issue. IDK. I'm so confused. Which one should I get?

twbtr

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I would wait until you have used both phones hands on before you make any decisions. Personally i couldnt be happier with the evo, i know there is a lot of negative nit picking that goes on around these forums but i dont think that there is a smartphone in production that techies arent going to find problems with. That being said the epic also looks like a very promising phone, if the evo and epic were released at the same time, i probably wouldve went with the epic, just for the keyboard. Sooner or later the Evo will be availble again, so i wouldnt judge your decision strictly on availbility. Also dont forget to check your local wal-mart for evo's, the one in my town has had them availble in stock since release day, despite shortages at every other outlet.

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i seriously dont understand why wal mart partnered with sprint....but the one by my house is all out of stock of everything usually...

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for Evos since launch but have not found any. I've called up all my local radio shacks, best buys, and sprint stores since the phone was launched but they are always out of stock. I'm really frustrated and I'm starting to consider the epic. I like the Evos bigger screen and the look of it but I like the epic's samoled screen. The epic doesn't look as stylish as the Evo and the build quality also looks questionable. I game occasionally on phones but not constantly. I use youtube a lot and I love the Evo's kickstand. A hardware keyboard isn't a must for me but it is good to have options. My tv isn't dlna compatible so I couldn't use that feature. I hate touchwiz but I could probably load custom roms on. Pocketability isn't an issue. IDK. I'm so confused. Which one should I get?

BestBuy.com has had the EVO in black all day today for purchasing. check it out.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i seriously dont understand why wal mart partnered with sprint....but the one by my house is all out of stock of everything usually...

If they're out of stock of everything, then I doubt the problem is Sprint, and instead probably the management at that Walmart.