Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default browser seems less smooth then it used to be....

Don't know if it is just me but it seems like my browser is real jerky now.... it used to seem a lot smoother when scrolling... Is there anybody else noticing this?
    Thanked by:
    evoKY 

ya l noticed it as well

Its definatly choppy and swype is not working right.

I have noticed the same thing. It doesn't scroll as smoothly. It reminds me almost of the way the iPhone scrolls web pages. Web pages sure load quicker though. They load so fast that it almost blows my mind.

Most likely probably because it's loading flash elements.

Which browsers are you guys using now with Froyo

stock browser is so choppy now its ridiculous. i hope they fix this asap because its nearly unusable.

I noticed the happiness too, which is why I came here. I wasn't sure if I was having network issues of if it was a problem other evo users were experiencing.

HTC needs to fix fast

ROM
    MikG 3.11/AnthraX

It's generally because its loading flash content. Go into browser settings and set plug-ins to load on demand.

See if that helps with your lag. Seemed to on mine.
    Thanked by 2:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yeah its really bugging me other then that I'm happy

i changed it to off and mine is still being really choppy even on sites like google

ROM
    MikG 3.11/AnthraX

Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    i changed it to off and mine is still being really choppy even on sites like google
    Just curious, did you have flash installed before the update?

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I'm not having any choppiness on the stock browser, if anything it is slightly faster.

When I upgraded to Froyo, it fubared my Swype application, and I had to reinstall. Directions on reinstalling can be found by googling, but in short you uninstall Swype AND THE SWYPE INSTALLER, then delete the files from the Downloads folder on your SD card. Then you go back to the Swype website (found in your original email from swype) and redownload the installer. Install it, make sure "swype" is checked as an input option in menus under keyboards and langauges, and you should be able to swype again. If it doesn't work initially, try powering off your phone (or removing the battery). I had to do that twice before Swype started working again, but two restarts fixed things.
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

ROM
    MikG 3.11/AnthraX

Quote Originally Posted by Pure87 View Post
    I noticed the happiness too, which is why I came here. I wasn't sure if I was having network issues of if it was a problem other evo users were experiencing.
    I'm not sure that I would consider happiness an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Newblood View Post
    Just curious, did you have flash installed before the update?
    I actually never bothered with it, so this is the first time I'm using it. I turned it off immediately and restarted to try it again, also on multiple websites but I'm not getting anything better. I hope theres some info on this because it's making me feel like I've been excited for FroYo for no reason.

Mine is fast and smooth as butter but my swype is out of order!

ROM
    MikG 3.11/AnthraX

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Mine is fast and smooth as butter but my swype is out of order!
    Did you uninstall and reinstall?

Were do I find the browser settings?

Found the browser settings and on demand seams to have helped much. Thanks

I'm using dolphin hd with flash only on demand. Yet its still choppy.

ROM
    MikG 3.11/AnthraX

Kinda doubt this will fix things, but have your tried to clear the cache and all the temp files from within your browser?

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Mine was decent with Flash enabled... I set it to "on demand" and it seems to be a lot better. Still the browser was much smoother in 2.1.

It seems that even after all page elements load, when I try to scroll down, the page always studders. Its like I have a resistive touch screen, even though I obviously do not.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Someone needs to take this to the HTC forums so they can be made aware of the issue.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast