Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just hit the 4G JACKPOT!

Ok, so I've been getting pretty good speeds with my 4G before the OTA update, around 7-8ish Mbps. This is all taken from the same place, inside my house.

After the OTA, I tried some 4G, and I was SHOCKED!

Edit: Just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and it wasn't a fluke, I ran several more tests, the lowest score being just over 9Mbps. I'm thinking that either Sprint just flipped the "real" 4G switch, or somehow I got unthrottled 4G.

Last edited by Rudementry; 08-03-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Very nice, i wish i could get just half of that with 3G, cant wait for 4G in my area.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Wow, and I though 2-3 was pretty decent.

I went from about 3-4Mbps with 4G to about 6-8Mbps on 4G after updating to Android 2.2. The signal strength also seems to show stronger 4G and Wifi signals in the same places they used to show less bars.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

There must be something in the new 4G radio, because after I flashed it (I'm running rooted stock 3.26.651.6 right now) my 4G has been off the record.

I didn't even know 4G could go that high. Maybe one of my neighbors has a tower in their house? This is crazy I can't believe my own eyes.

Wow, that is crazy! I'm running the leaked 3.26.651.3 and I'm still getting 6-8 here in St. Louis. I know a guy that works for Clear. I'll ask him if he knows what 4g is really capable of.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah I really think that 4G all around is much better after Froyo, because I went to the opposite side of my city I also got about 12mbps down.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.0

damn it seemed like my 4g was lower after the leaked .3 at work i used to get around 5 and yesterday i was barely getting 2, im guessing some of that was because of the crappy weather, very overcast and rainy. Half the time my 3g was faster than my 4g with full signal, if i was getting 12 i wouldnt give a damn about the extra ten a month lol

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

The fastest I have ever gotten is 2.8 down and .97 up

I read somewhere that the difference between .3 and .6 is something to do with the wimax radio software.