FROYO browsers not working

akodoreign

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You can try the following

flash 10.2 beta for froyo

clear user settings

what has happened is you had the 10.1 for evo (pre froyo) and now flash that came with the phone is conflicting with it.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had the browser close om me 3 times this morning just looking at this site. I have ran nothing but stock.

aalopez10

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Browser closing after 2.2 update

Its seems that Froyo 2.2 update has a problem with the flash while browsing,

right when the browser starts reading the flash on any websites it seems that the setup is not right, between the flash and the browser, so right when the flash is starting to load the browser gets kick out and brings you back to the homescreen.

been TRYING ALL DAY to fix it and the only way to fix this issue is

DO A FULL FACTORY RESET ON the phone, i guess HTC and sprint try not to do a whole factory reset on the phone but i guess everyone needs to do it now cuz the browser is not working right after the update,

make sure you backup your apps & data with "backup pro" or any other back up app
and if u run "Launcher pro" just back it up also.

and right after you do the factory reset, IT WILL WORK CUZ IT WORK FOR ME AND OTHERS ;)

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any of these issues. Can you post specific web pages where this happens.
--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

MAX_POWERS#AC

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It happens to all web pages with flash content. Browsers work if you set plug-ins to enable on demand. But what's the use of froyo if you can't use flash.

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Hard reset fixes the issue completely. It appears to only have happened to people that installed the 10.1 for 2.1 from XDA - if you uninstalled it prior to upgrading, it wasn't an issue, which would have been great had I read a bit ahead in some of the forums BEFORE I updated. Hope that helps - and for those needing to do a full backup...

My Backup Pro offers a 30 day trial - make sure to do an SD backup and an online backup at least 2x before 'thinking' that it has all your data - to get all your settings back to where they were.

MAX_POWERS#AC

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. That worked.

This is how you do a hard rest.
1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante