Froyo and mandatory screen lock

WizardHowl

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have an exchange account that madates use of a slide lock screen and enter in a PIN everytime I wake my phone up from sleep. This gets quite annoying as I check my email constantly. Prior to froyo I downloaded "No Lock" from the marketplace, which worked very well (it disabled the lock screen, and I didn't need to slide or enter in my PIN). After the froyo update, this no longer works, and I was wondering if anyone has any alternative? thanks!

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, Froyo has updated the Security feature to include Pattern, Pin, and Password now. And, they've included a nice feature - that if unnoticed, can be frustrating to figure out - once you've set a 'lock' you can select the option "Lock phone after" and choose to start the Security lock immediately, or in minute intervals. Quite nice if you don't need the lock every time you're screen shuts off.

VAJeff

May 27, 2010
Visit site
LockPicker is no longer working for me either after 2.2. I can choose up to 15 minutes before the screen locks (much better than immediately).

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This sucks! somehow after I wiped out my droid 2 and put my exchange account back on I got up to a 20 min screen lock time, not a clue how that happened.

All I want to do is to be able to use my lock pattern and not need a password, is this so much to ask! since when was microsoft exchange such a big part of security now a days.

LOCKPICKER NEEDS AN UPDATE FOR 2.2!

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Or maybe you should be more responsible about your company's security policies and follow them.

I don't really mind so much now with 2.2. With 2.1, it was broken with EAS Pin Lock enforcement policy--you could not de-couple the password lock with the screen lock. This is fixed now, meaning, each time the screen goes dark (1min, 30sec, etc) this will not password/PIN lock the phone. After 15 minutes of inactivity, only then will the phone be PIN locked.

With 2.1, it really rendered the phone REALLY REALLY annoying to use--so much that I would have returned the Evo and went back to the Pre if this couldn't be fixed. Luckily, lockpicker was the answer. However, with Froyo, I don't mind now as the annoying aspect as been removed.

For the record, the EAS policy PIN Lock enforcement does exactly that: Pin Lock enforcement on the device. Meaning, you cannot use any other password type, such as pattern unlock, etc.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep - my company is still holding out even after 2.2 because of a couple of issues they're working with HTC/Sprint to resolve so I can finally get exchange on my phone. That's the one thing I really miss about my iPhone at the moment.

patrickpdk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For the record, I just got Froyo (2.2) on my Droid Incredible and:

Lockpicker WORKS (Remember, lockpicker is the app that forces the HTC Exchange Mail app not to require a password to unlock your phone)

PatternControl DOESNT WORK but isn't needed since the patternControl feature is native to Froyo 2.2. (via the settings -> security -> "lock phone after" setting)

webby_s#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
When I updated to Stock Froyo, Lockpicker worked fine.

When I decided to root my phone, and flashed the 2.2 rooted Froyo, Lockpicker was screwed. So there is something weird going on.

Here's hoping Lockpicker gets an update!

Migizi

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Got Froyo 2.2 this morning, and LockPicker does NOT work. Turned the service off and on, still doesn't. Restarted phone, still doesn't.

I will try No Lock instead, see if that works. If not, well, this is really annoying.

Is it possible to revert to 2.1? Because frankly I see nothing exciting or useful to me about 2.2, so I am in no hurry for it. I'd rather go back to 2.1 and have a phone that isn't a pain in the rear to use.